• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
daveholman

15x8 Compomotive Th Wheels

daveholman

I've asked about this elsewhere but have had many conflicting answers. And yes, I've done a search and have not really found anything but if anyone wants to point me in the direction of something then I'd be incredibly grateful.

I want to fit compomotive TH mono wheels to my GTi, unfortunately they no longer make them in a 15x7 fitment and I was therefore wondering how difficult it would be to fit the 15x8s to my GTi. The car is pretty much used as a road car and with the exception of some rather spirited driving at weekends is not exactly pushed to the very limits of grip. Future track days are not out of the question but I can always revert back to the original speedlines for this.

Does anyone have any experience of fitting these wheels? Or can anyone tell me how difficult it is and what is involved. I know that some cutting will be required but have had conflicting information as to how much. I would really like to know how much before I buy them rather than the classic put them on and then chop away as necessary method. I could really do with someone who's fitted them to give me a more definite answer based on experience.

The guy who advised me at the shop I'm getting them from has seen them fitted to 106s and Saxos and suggested that a 205 arch is bigger and as such will be substantially easier. The other thing is that these wheels are only available in a ET25 offset so can someone advise me on the correct spacer measurement, if any, which would be needed.

The car is currently running standard suspension, however, I intend to upgrade this at some point and lower it ever so slightly, obviously how much will depend on the wheels, however, I suspect that, after comparing with other GTi's the rear has already been lowered to a certain degree.

Oh yeah and the cars running Rallye style arches. I have been advised to use 195/45 - 15 tyres so unless anyone advises me otherwise that's what I'll use.

welshpug

if it was a saxo or 106 use the 195 45 profile, but not on a 205, especially with an 8" wide rim!!

you'll need an ET around 0 to make an 8" rim fit without rubbing the strut/inner arch.

felix2566

Have you seen that Baz has got some for sale?

daveholman

I have now, thanks for that, Felix.

Sign in to follow this