• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Boot Rust Treatment

M@tt

this afternoon i dedcided to have a look at the rust patches that have appeared around the window seal on my boot. i managed to prize the seal out and found 3 fairly rusty sections :) They all look repairable and paintguy is kindly coming round tomorrow to cast an expert eye over it.

I 've made a start cleaning it up with some wet and dry and my spot sandblaster

i'll keep you posted

DSC00464.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

DSC00468.jpg

toddydal

youl have to take the glass out and cut the bad bits out and weld new bits back in,youl know alot better how bad it is when you take the glass out,if its bad try and get a good 2nd hand tailgate but im sure the paintguy will sort it for you

M@tt

the rust appears to be pretty superficial and fortunatley doesn't go up behind the seal so it looks like it will clean up well and will just need priming & painting which hopefully i can get finished this week.

My little cheapo dremel worked a treat for cleaning up the rust, definiately a good additon to the tool collection

DSC00472.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

toddydal

handy tool,yes its not to bad now uve cleaned it up,get some rust treatment slap it on leave it 12-24 hrs prime and paint job done

Paintguy
,yes its not to bad now you've cleaned it up,

Matt had already done one side by the time I arrived and it had cleaned up really nicely. I'm popping over tomorrow (hopefully) to drop some primer off so it can be sealed up for now until he can get a slot at my mates bodyshop.

AdamP

I'd be putting some zinc based primer on there.

Sign in to follow this