• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
McDude

Seatbelt Clasp

McDude

Last night I removed the tilting mechanism from the driver's seat and removed the plastic spacers from underneath the rails - so that the seat is lower.

The seat is now perfect and for the first time I'm comfortable sitting in the car.

I used the 5-door bracket to mount the seatbelt clasp, but because the seat now sits low in the car, the clasp fouls with the handbrake surround. This is because the clasp has a sort of dog leg s-bend in the metal that bolts to the runner frame.

Does anyone know if there is another Pug model that has a straight bit of metal for the clasp and that also works in conjunction with the 205 seatbelt male end?

A very specific question I know, but it seems on this forum, someone has tried every sort of combination along the way.

Thanks.

engine killer

i am using a 307 female end. it is longer but still a slight s-bend there. hope this info will give you some help.

McDude

Thanks dude - I'll look into that one.

Sign in to follow this