• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bob c

Driving Lights

bob c

hi all,

i have a 1989 first reg in 01/aug 1989 and i would like to know what the oe driving lights are.

i have tried a search which came up with bosch siem lights but on autofive price list it states

magneti marelli siem can anyone confirm which one it is.

also can you still get the rear quarter badges.

thanks bob

welshpug

they would be SIEM, which are made by Bosch nowadays, I got mine from GSF.

r.u.sure

Driving lights as above, but mine came from ECP.

With regard to the rear quarter badges, get in touch with DrSarty on here, he does some really excellent quality custom bades, can also do the oe graphics, have a look here: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=86225

Edited by r.u.sure

bob c

thanks for advice everyone

johnsimister

I know you said you wanted OE driving lights, but take a look at the black Cibié ones on the Demon Tweeks website. They have two big advantages:

1) They don't go rusty

2) They give a better, brighter beam

They look pretty similar to the originals except that their sides are slightly convex, which matches the shape of the aperture in the spoiler. I've wondered if Peugeot originally intended to use Cibiés but decided not to because they were too expensive. It's almost as if the car was designed to use them.

If you do use the Cibiés you'll need to modify the pedestal and elongate, forwards, the mounting hole in the 205's spoiler and bracket.

Once they're on you hardly notice any difference from the Siem ones except that two years later, they will still look good.

John

cybernck

^ any pics of those fitted on? :blush:

johnsimister
^ any pics of those fitted on? :mellow:

Don't think I can post pics yet as I'm still under the magic number of posts on here, but try this link to a 4car gallery of pics taken at Le Mans last year:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gl/gallery/gallery/11600/

John

jeremy

I'm sure one of my 205s had some Cibies on it.

pug_ham
Don't think I can post pics yet as I'm still under the magic number of posts on here, but try this link to a 4car gallery of pics taken at Le Mans last year:

John, you (or anyone) can post them using a remote hosting site (imageshack etc), just with under 30 posts you can't upload them directly to the forum.

Below is the picture from your link above;

205gti-jaunty.jpg

They don't look as bad as some Cibies I've seen squeezed into the standard place.

Graham.

Ryan

What model of Cibies are they? The Cibie Airport are the closest I could find to the size of the original driving lamps.

Hardgraf

Sorry, probably a stupid question but how exactly do you remove the driving lights as I can't seem to get a spanner to them

Thanks

pete1986

My new driving lamps, cant remember the manufacturer, went rusty within a couple of months! Have just fitted them again after respraying the surrounds with smooth hammerite, looking lush again now :o

Grim.Badger
John, you (or anyone) can post them using a remote hosting site (imageshack etc), just with under 30 posts you can't upload them directly to the forum.

Below is the picture from your link above;

205gti-jaunty.jpg

They don't look as bad as some Cibies I've seen squeezed into the standard place.

Graham.

Aren't they 306/zx lights :blush: or are they slightly different?

pug_ham
Sorry, probably a stupid question but how exactly do you remove the driving lights as I can't seem to get a spanner to them

Thanks

A 16mm spanner should fit onto the nut behind the front valance but its probably got a good build up of rust so even that will be a tight fit & I'd be surprised if they come undone anyway even after copious soaking / sprayign with penetrating oil.

Aren't they 306/zx lights :) or are they slightly different?

According to John they are Cibie & afaik the 306 / ZX ones are different (+ not made by Cibie).

Graham.

Grim.Badger

I'm sure I took a pair off a ZX 16v a while back that were Cibies, mind you that doesn't mean that's what it had from the facotry :wacko: Iirc they had a bolt at the back rather than the bottom like the 205 ones.

johnsimister

The lights on my car as per the pic are indeed Cibié Airport. Still in good condition unlike the last pair of OE ones I bought whose frames bubbled horribly within a year.

John

Henry Yorke
.....unlike the last pair of OE ones I bought whose frames bubbled horribly within a year.

John

They must have been the Denji "OE" ones which I have frames made from recycled exhausts!!

The Bosch / Siem ones are a different league, but also a different price.

Miles

The 306 S16, XSi, D Turbo and GTi6 (Ph1) are Cibie FOG light's which screw directly into the Siem back's so no need to undo them at all as the plastic never fall's apart unless hit.

The 106 XSi's use the same one's but Driving light's

Guest Puddlez

I wouldnt wana put standard ones on as every 205 ive seen with standard driving lamps have been rusty and very very yellow :lol: i just got some microline ones for mine, really easy to fit, slightly smaller so look better and were stupid bright!!

GLPoomobile
slightly smaller so look better and were stupid bright!!

It's down to personal taste at the end of the day, but I can't stand non-OE lights that are not the right size and shape. I've seen lots of 205s with aftermarket driving lights that are a bit smaller and sit slightly lower in the valence hole, and they always look gash :)

The OE lights do rot stupidly quickly though. But you can take measures to prevent that right from the start, and they are easy enough to refurb if they do start to go manky. Takes a bit more work (that shouldn't be necessary in the first place :lol: ) but worth it for the authentic look.

Sign in to follow this