• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
les3002

Cam Belt Cover Hitting 406 Mc

les3002

anyone else had this its rubbing the m/c when the engine moves i can sometimes feel it through the pedals should i just grind a bit out of the cover?

AndyR

I know CW has carved a little bit of the plastic cowling which covers the timing belt and pulleys.

C_W

Yes I've done that bit also adjusted the engine mounts so its pushed as far to the left as possible and itghtend the top nout up and the gearbox mount.

Also try and find a top mount off another car, the one I got off a ZX is slightly lower and gives ample clearance.

les3002

ive ground a bit out the cover but it still catches on tight corners looks like i need a zx mount then

pug_ham

According to Shenpar racing, when they do an Mi swap into a 205 they use the topmont from an XU engined 405 because this gives you extra clearance.

HTH.

Graham. ;)

les3002

when you say top mount do you mean the rubber bit that screws to the body or the metal part?

Doof

Or do what we did, take a hacksaw to the top mount and take about an inch out of the rubber section then superglur it back together, peugeot main dealer recommended this and its held up for about 2 trackdays so i think it'll be fine. ;)

les3002
;) the mount is brand new though so i dont really want to cut it so i take it i am needing a zx rubber mount?

les3002

i was thinking i could make up a spacer plate to go in between the top mount where the four bolts are or use a few washers on each one but would lowering the engine on one side cause any problems e.g oil pickup etc

pug_ham
when you say top mount do you mean the rubber bit that screws to the body or the metal part?

Les,

I'm guessing when I say this but I'm sure they mean't the metal bit that hangs the engine to the mount, I would have thought the rubber wouldn't make any differnce because once it's fited into the body you can't change the position of the mounting.

HTH.

Graham.;)

Edited by pugtorque

crf450

I'm gonna get a slagging for what I did,

Your servo is held on by 4 M8 nuts,looking from inside your car towards the bulkhead,remove the top and bottom L/H side nuts and replace them with nylox nuts and washers.Do them up tight than back them off 1 turn.This allows the engine to move and just ease the servo/master cylinder out the way without loading anything up.

I did it as a temporary fix but that was about 6 track days ago and 5000 miles.I am planning on doing the job right whan I take the car off the road for the winter, but I have no reason to think it wouldn't be OK for another 5000 miles.

Cheers Martin

Edited by crf450

nick

Bodger......... ;)

Sign in to follow this