• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JonnyB

Gsf Boge/sachs Na

JonnyB

Recently bought front shocks from GSF. I thought they would be Boge/Sachs but these turned up instead:

http://www.record-france.fr/hten/Page2.html#super

Super Record Amortisseurs!

Are these French shocks any good?

Has any one tried them?

GSF said its the only make they sell for the 205gti now

Tempted to give them a try. What do you think?

stutto

I've fitted them to my car, no complaints but remember they are a budget replacement part and not an upgrade.

JonnyB

Thanks. I need to replace one of the shocks as when I fitted Skip Brown springs one of the shocks was shot, so will they definetly be better than the ones fitted! On a budget so wanted to see how they compared to Boge Sachs. Hope they will be OK with the SB springs. Will upgrade later when I have the cash. Will change the Group N mounts back to standard as a bit harsh for a road car. Does anyone know what shocks Skip Brown recommend?

M@tt

check out http://motorsportworld.co.uk

they got a 15% off and free delivery on bilstein shockers. i got a pair of OE front shockers for £81 delivered.

JonnyB

Wow, thats a good price. Are are the Bilsteins OE the same as Bilsteins Streetlines? I guess these would be much better than the budget shocks from GSF.

M@tt

i'm not a 100% sure but i think so (wait to be corrected)

but they are equivalent to standard pug shocks. I've just fitted a pair to mine (arrived next day after ordering)

mossy

motor sport world are the cheapest by far for O/E Bilstein shocks (B4)

The street line are B6's and they sell them to

fronts = 150 each

Rear = 68 each

HTH

Al

stutto

I know the OP seemed to lose interest in the GSF shocks but incase anyone else is interested:

I'd like to update my opinion on the rear Record shocks. I think they are under-damped, they can be compressed by hand and I seem to be getting a lot of roll from the rear. Probably more suited to a base model than a GTi.

jackherer
I know the OP seemed to lose interest in the GSF shocks but incase anyone else is interested:

I'd like to update my opinion on the rear Record shocks. I think they are under-damped, they can be compressed by hand and I seem to be getting a lot of roll from the rear. Probably more suited to a base model than a GTi.

The bilstein streetline rears are the same, totally useless on a GTI.

Sign in to follow this