• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sussex_gti

1.9 Brake Question

sussex_gti

Ive found out that the following cars use the same pads:

Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9/CTI (1987)

Peugeot 309 1.9/GTI/GTI 16S (1985-1993)

Renault R5 Super 1.3/1.4/1.6 (1985-)

Renault Clio 1.2/1.4/1.8/1.9D (1991-)

Renault Clio 1.4/1.7/1.8/1.9D (1991-)

Renault Clio 1.3 16S/Williams (1991-)

And theres more on that list. Does this mean they all use the same caliper and carrier? Or would the spacing etc of the carrier bolt holes be differant? The reason i ask is theres no straight bolt on upgrades for the Clio, and my brakes need replacing very soon. Was just curious as to whether gti-6 brakes might possibly fit? Anyone got a spare carrier about i could try?

Chris.

Roman
Ive found out that the following cars use the same pads:

Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9/CTI (1987)

Peugeot 309 1.9/GTI/GTI 16S (1985-1993)

Renault R5 Super 1.3/1.4/1.6 (1985-)

Renault Clio 1.2/1.4/1.8/1.9D (1991-)

Renault Clio 1.4/1.7/1.8/1.9D (1991-)

Renault Clio 1.3 16S/Williams (1991-)

And theres more on that list. Does this mean they all use the same caliper and carrier? Or would the spacing etc of the carrier bolt holes be differant? The reason i ask is theres no straight bolt on upgrades for the Clio, and my brakes need replacing very soon. Was just curious as to whether gti-6 brakes might possibly fit? Anyone got a spare carrier about i could try?

Chris.

clio williams,clio16v,renault 5gt turbo, 205 1.9gti have all same brake calipers,disc's(front and rear) :(

Anthony

I thought Renaults were 100x4 PCD and Peugeot's 108x4 PCD? If so, how can the disks be the same? :(

Roman
I thought Renaults were 100x4 PCD and Peugeot's 108x4 PCD? If so, how can the disks be the same? :(

you right antony- but calipers is 100% the same tipe because i own all 3 and swap calipers from willy to 1.9 and viceversa

sussex_gti

Roman, do you change the caliper carrier over as well? I want to know if the spacing for the bolts are the same.

Roman
Roman, do you change the caliper carrier over as well? I want to know if the spacing for the bolts are the same.
yes its same only disc's is diferent

Roman
yes its same only disc's is diferent

but i have williams phase one without ABS...

davemar

My old Renault Megane MkI 1.6e had the same front calipers as the 205 1.9 GTi too. Came in useful when my Megane's caliper seized up and I needed a new one quickly, and my 205 was sitting on axle stands in my garage.

sussex_gti

Again Dave, did you just change the caliper body, or the carrier as well? Ive hopefully got hold a gti-6 caliper to try.

Sign in to follow this