• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
s16 Peggy

1.6 Gti Box Into An S16

s16 Peggy

I have recently bought a 1.6 GTI BE3 box to fit into my S16. Question is, will it go straight in or will I need to change some parts?

Would also appreciate any advice on what service parts I will need to change while its all apart.

Cheers in advance :wacko:

205turbo

you will need to change the gear selection rods on the back, otherwise a straight fit

s16 Peggy

Hi there, and thanks for the reply. By that do you mean the external gear rods? If so its an easy job then...

Cheers

Miles

You need to swap.

The top selector arm on the box, Have a search around as if this drop's into the box finding the position is hit or miss, You'll need to swap the cross shaft over as well, This will need cutting out the old box more often than not and swaping over again with your old one, It's worth getting new bushes for the shaft as they are only a few quid for the pair, Worst case if your shaft is shafted (Sorry) you'll need a new one, £50.00 from Pug

pug_ham
You need to swap.

The top selector arm on the box

See attached picture.

Graham.

post-71-1206922728.jpg

s16 Peggy

Thanks for all the replys :D

Sounds like its fairly straight forward. I guess I will just have to get on with it and get my old box out first and take it from there. Doubhtless I will be posting again as soon as I get them both on the floor :):lol:

pug_ham

I usually put it in gear (5th) when I swap that arm btw, never had one drop so far & I've done three or four.

Oh & its double roll pin holding the arm in place, small one inside larger one.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this