• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ants1974

306 Rear Beam On A 205?

ants1974

Will a 306 rear beam fit on a 205? Cheers

j_turnell

In a word no, the mounts are completely different its also a lot wider, so you'd have to do a lot of work to get it to fit, if your looking for an upgrade best off going 309.

ants1974

Cant find a 205 one or a 209 one anywhere. Anyone got one for sale in the blackpool area???

brian j

As a rough comparison, the rear track on a 306 is about 10mm less than a 405 Mi IIRC. If you did a LOT of fabrication it might fit under a dimma kit?

Edited by brian j

Sandy

I'm not a fan of going any wider than the 205 beam.

t16ryan

can you not swap the top mounts off a 205/309GTi beam and fit it onto a 306 beam to fit onto a 205?? i was looking into this for my dimma but went for a 309 beam instead

welshpug
can you not swap the top mounts off a 205/309GTi beam and fit it onto a 306 beam to fit onto a 205?? i was looking into this for my dimma but went for a 309 beam instead

nope, they wont fit the brackets.

also the wheels will be way to far out for a standard body, and as Sandy commented, there's not much point going wider on the rear.

Miles

The beam design althou pretty much the same is completly different on the mounting front,

At least someone think's the same as me with the 205 beam nothing wrong with it at all

Sign in to follow this