• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Coonper

Bonnet Lifters

Coonper

Does anyone know where i can get a set of bonnet lifters. I want to lift the back of the bonnet up by abouot an inch to aid cooling, and to fit my carbs in!!

Ive searched the web and cant find them anywhere...

Tom Fenton

Er, piece of steel or alloy plate with 4 holes drilled in it?

Grim.Badger
Does anyone know where i can get a set of bonnet lifters. I want to lift the back of the bonnet up by abouot an inch to aid cooling, and to fit my carbs in!!

Ive searched the web and cant find them anywhere...

They aren't technically safe so I doubt you will find any easily. The rubber seal at the back of the bonnet should seal against the body so that if there is a fire or fuel leak it cannot enter the inside of the car through the vent in the scuttle panel.

If you still want some then it should be cheap enough to get a couple of plates of metal made up.

Coonper
They aren't technically safe so I doubt you will find any easily. The rubber seal at the back of the bonnet should seal against the body so that if there is a fire or fuel leak it cannot enter the inside of the car through the vent in the scuttle panel.

Never though of it that way... ;)

Anton green

You can probably get half an inch by slackening off the bolts which secure the rear edge of the bonnet, repositioning, then retightening the bolts.

Beware the bonnet may not close as it did before on the latch very well, of if it does it may not want to open easilly.

Nathan

An auto bonnet would also offer more clearance (there's usually a few for sale on here or on Ebay).

Coonper
An auto bonnet would also offer more clearance (there's usually a few for sale on here or on Ebay).

Yes, i thought about that. But i have already got a nice shint bonnet to go on it, so i think i would get away with liftig it just a bit. But the carbs to sit quite high though.

Sign in to follow this