• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kate205gti

Anyone Have..

kate205gti

or even another ECU and what fuel economy do you get?

im after a look at the Emerald map if poss? Im sure mine is set up for rudd spec!! :) getting 23MPG :lol:

Batfink

momo's alive???!!!!

Is that mpg driving slow or mildly spirited?

kate205gti

yars :lol: check the llandow pics from the weekend :blush:

umm its not granny speeds, but not limiter hunting either :) he pops a lot of flames on let off between 3-5k (and the cut off fuel on overrun button is ticked!) so thinking it may be wasting a lot out the back :)

James_R

reset throttle pot, sounds more like the usual TPS dieing issue than map.

kate205gti

ahh would that cause flames/pops? will try tonight fanku :)

Batfink

cool. I hope you drove it rather than give it to Ant to break :)

Have a look at the fuel map there at the flame popping range. Mine used to underfuel at 4000rpm and would pop there on overrun. Its something to do with running so lean it doesnt combust in the cylinders but ignites on the hot exhaust.

Either way it sounds like a tweak on the fuelmap is a good idea. Dunno if you need to get a wideband lambda to see which way you need to turn that fuel dial

edit - rereading your post. You could try turning off the fuel cut off as it may cause what I mention above??

Edited by Batfink

Anthony
cool. I hope you drove it rather than give it to Ant to break :)

I'll have you know that the car was in perfect working order and all the engine parts still inside the engine when I returned the keys after a few laps of Llandow :lol:

kate205gti

haha! its only mi16s he breaks we think :lol: (and the occasional 8v :blush:) but no momo stood up well to the "Shuttle Test" :D or the engine did at least :) we killed the tyres between us but they were mostly dead already :)

im looking at the fuel map and its lots of numbers :D need another similar specc'd car to compare maps too! :P there must be another 6 on bodies somewhere?

Spiky

would it not be safer to talk to your mapper?

and ask them?

23 isnt that bad though, considering

Tom Fenton

If you want my advice you won't touch the fuel map with out at the very least a wideband lamdba sensor attached and a good bit of datalogging. Comparing a "GTI6 with throttle bodies" with another "GTI6 with throttle bodies" is like comparing "some yellow cheese" with some other "yellow cheese", OK they are vaguely similar, but but when it comes down to it there are lots of differences that mean the numbers from another map are WORTHLESS.

Bonzai
would it not be safer to talk to your mapper?

and ask them?

23 isnt that bad though, considering

my Mi still does 30 so i think shes right to be a little miffed anyways

welshpug

it should return at least the same as a 306 gti6 if not more as its lighter.

kate205gti

what is that?? :lol:

my mi16 on TBs did 350 miles to a tank (not sure how many mpg that is - but was better than a standard 1.9!)

i thought the gti6 engine would be similar, but seems to be doing about 250 odd :lol: its been mapped by Emerald so *should* be optimum fuelling i just need some comparisons please :o

will email Emerald as well and see if theyve got any on their books!

petert

Poor fuel economy is usually from insufficient ignition timing at cruise RPM/load points. You should have around 38 deg. when light cruising in the 2000-4000 range, progressively dropping down to something like 26 deg. at full load. If you can map the fuel by TPS and the ignition by MAP sensor, this is a lot easier to accomplish, than by TPS alone.

Edited by petert

Alastairh

To your original question, the only Emerald map with a standard GTi6 and boddies i can think of is the Black 306 that Anthony use to own, but that was very poppy, and not very fuel efficient but that could be to do with it being in a lardy shell...

Worth a thought anyway :)

Al

James_R

In the words of Bono "give it more advance"

tom_m

personally i wouldn't do anything without speaking to dave walker first. it is a 16v on bodies tho i wouldn't be expecting super good economy

welshpug
personally i wouldn't do anything without speaking to dave walker first. it is a 16v on bodies tho i wouldn't be expecting super good economy

agreed on the first part, but on the second why the hell not? (on a standard engine that is) if anything you should get more.

Bakes100

hmmm my gti6 struggles to get to 300 on a tankful. Should the gti6 be more or less economical than an mi16?

Speak to Dave about it , if there is any issue with the map im sure he will sort it out for you! :)

Edited by Bakes100

kate205gti

ahh thats interesting - thats the kind of figures im after :)

im comparing to my mi16 on TBs which returned 350miles even with a cam :)

Sign in to follow this