• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTI6BOY

Jenvey Bodies May Need Refurb?

Tom Fenton

Plugs/leads/coilpack etc all three years old?

Obviously there is a problem somewhere, you are unlikely to solve it by guessing, so your other option is to datalog fuelling when it is stuttering and find out what is happening.

kyepan
took a vid earlier...turn the sound up and you can here my problem

also only does it when the engine gets up to temp

th_MOV00383.jpg

Might be worth getting the multimeter out and following the caps program guide thing on the xu board sticky to check the water temperature sensor, as that could cause it to overfuel on low throttle when warm..

My pulsar did the same thing when i put on a dump valve that was leaking.. exactly as you've got, neutral throttle... ug ug... purrrrrrr ug ug... so as previously mentioned could be an air leak too. where you might get that on a throttle body inlet with no AFM i'm not sure though.

base-1
He said it done it before it went to longmans also but not as frequent. Howcome longmans never touched the fuel map?

Done what, changed all the water, air etc sensors? No mention of that....

Check everything is properly dry. If Longmans balanced the bodies OK then it's pretty unlikely that they will be wrong on only marginal throttle but fine at idle/half - full throttle. Did you only cover the bellmouth with gloves?

Edited by base-1

GTI6BOY
so as previously mentioned could be an air leak too. where you might get that on a throttle body inlet with no AFM i'm not sure though.

by one of the bodies having wear in it...this is what ive been told the problems is likley to be

base-1 - year its fine on idle and its fine over 50mph

i just covered the trumpets yes

base-1

Or by the manifold not being sealed against the head perfectly, or the bodies not being sealed against the manifold perfectly, or one of the fuel injectors not being sealed into the bodies perfectly

Also check the injectors and any other plugs you didn't cover to make sure there's no water trapped in there

GTI6BOY

Checked all that!

Ive taken two more better vids...the first one is the bodies flaming, while driving everytime it does it the car pulls back

The second vid is so you can here what is happening through the exhaust, this is being held on about 2k rpm

th_MOV00387.jpg

th_MOV00389.jpg

gonna try and get the car back to longmans in the week

taylorspug

Timing looks miles out to me...

welshpug

Is the crank pulley original?

GTI6BOY

no its a rich w special

taylorspug

Either the ignition is running too much advance or the cams arent dialled in correctly in order for it to be spitting back out of the 'bodies like that.

j_turnell

i'd get your ignition and cam timing checked if i was you.

James_m

At least you can say the bodies are ok, as its happening on all of them by the look of it. Id expect Longman of all people to be able to give you some decent advice on what the problem is.....

GTI6BOY

cant be the timing can it as i had cambelt done two days before and it was driving fine

taylorspug

It is definately timing related. After seeing that video there is nothing else it can be. Send that video link to Longmans, they will say the same.

GTI6BOY

would they have touched the timing or is it a manual thing?

taylorspug

Cam timing may have been done wrong when the belt was fitted, ignition timing is part of the engine map. What did you say Longmans hadnt touched when they mapped it? Is it on std cams?

It looks like cam timing, as in the first video you can see what looks like air/fuel mix being purged back out of the 'bodies unlit (before the flames start), which would suggest the cylinder is coming up on the compression stroke with the inlet valve still slightly open, pumping the air/fuel out.

Id get the belt cover back off and check the cam timing hasnt slipped or been done wrong when the belt was changed.

GTI6BOY

has uprated cams

longmans use a base map first which is used on all gti-6 throttle bodied cars then they live tweek it on the road.

did not start to notice problems till about two days after mapping and cambelt was done about 5 days before mapping and was defo running sweet as for those 5 days

going to longmans friday

GTI6BOY

All fixed now and its running sweet as a nut :)

There was a problem with the map at 2800 rpm

I also now have launch control fitted and it sounds unreal

welshpug
:) you're gonna have to do a vid of that!! Edited by welshpug

j_turnell

Yeh a vid on full chat would be nice :)

Bonzai

how does launch control work? i seem to recall needing the abs hubs to use traction control, is it similar to that?

GTI6BOY

Max torque on my car is 5600, an extra rev limit is set to 5200 while holding button. Foot flat on the floor, release button and you launch at max torque!

Sounds awsome

Dream Weaver

Glad its sorted, I think you need to sack whoever said it was a worn throttle body :)

You would do well to read a few books about engine management even if you don't plan on doing any mapping yourself - I'm no expert, but its amazing what you can learn about fueling/timing from reading a few books/websites.

GTI6BOY

right...

has been running sweet for the last week but has now started to do the same thing???

My little knowledge i know on mapping, i was under the impression that the map cant change unless its put on a laptop?

Bonzai

i would say if somethings changed its almost certainly component failure of some description

Sign in to follow this