• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Ignition Timing And Rpm Limit Settings

wardy18

Ok so now all i need to do is set the race engine up, i have a strong rally catcam with double valve springs and twin 45's but the block and internals are standard so what rpm should i set the limiter to!?

also

i have the re-curved dizzy from H&H along with this cam, what deg tdc or btdc should i set the ignition timing at, shall i just set it to standard as per the haynes or is there a better way to tune it in perfctly?!

Tom Fenton

Rev limiter depends on how brave you are. With a super duper camshaft and 45's then ideally it will need to rev to make peak power, but with standard internals you risk something breaking if you go too mad. I'd have put a set of ARP rod bolts in it TBH. Try 7000rpm limiter but you may well find that peak power is after this point depending on the cam profile.

Distributor needs setting on the rollers really to achieve the balance you require of torque vs outright power.

Sign in to follow this