• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
craig f90

Turbo Oil Gauges? 2.0t Into 205.

craig f90

Ive done an extensive seach before creating this post, honest.

My problem is i would like to have all of the gauges working on my dash, just so i have some idea of whats going on in the engine. Obviously i have a water temp gauge and fuel gauge, working rev counter to follow. (thanks to Spiky)

Ive searched through pages and pages but found no certain answers. If i got them through the dealer they are special order with no return <_< . Ive got a hole/bung in the front of the (alloy) sump for the oil temp sensor, but not sure which one to use? Again its the same with oil pressure, it has a warning light sensor to tell me that my engine has expired. (fat lot of good that is in my opinion.) could i swap this for a pressure gauge sensor?

What im asking really is, which pug do i take the sensors from? 306 gti-6, s16, .....

The engine is a '96'p 406, XU10.

Thankyou for reading this, any answers would be a great help and are likley to save me a fortune in sensors. :D

Craig.

James_R

You need to buy an adaptor to allow you to fit the pressure sendor on the output for the STOP light sensor, tom_m can point you in the right direction for the part you need.

Crazy-legs!

On my engine craig i turned-up a stainless boss and tapped it to allow my original pressure sender to fit. I then had it welded onto the turbo oil-feed pipe.

Hope this helps, Marc.

craig f90

Cheers, JamesR and crazy-legs.

I sadly dont have the old sensors because some f**k£r stole my old engine on sunday, when a member here was due to pick it up ;) So i'm hunting here for answers to find direct fitting sensors.

But i do appreciate your replies. I'll have in the scrappys over the weekend see if i can get some suitable pug sensors. I'm hoping to get them fitted and working over Easter. :P

Thanks guys, craig.

EDIT: And go to demon-tweeks to buy an adapter

Edited by craig f90

Rob Turbo

You use the oil pressure gauge sensor from about any engine you want, standard gti/xsi/s16 etc.. an adaptor to fit is HERE, and the oil temp gauge from a 306 xsi will fit if it's the same as mine, to make sure, take the bung out and put a coolant temp sensor in the hole, they are the same thread!

I think I might have an oil pressure gauge sensor down the shed, I'll have a look when I'm down later playing with a wiring loom!!

Edited by Rob Turbo

craig f90
You use the oil pressure gauge sensor from about any engine you want, standard gti/xsi/s16 etc.. an adaptor to fit is HERE, and the oil temp gauge from a 306 xsi will fit if it's the same as mine, to make sure, take the bung out and put a coolant temp sensor in the hole, they are the same thread!

I think I might have an oil pressure gauge sensor down the shed, I'll have a look when I'm down later playing with a wiring loom!!

Thanks Rob Turbo. ive hopped over to Ebay and ordered the adaptor. If you have a spare sensor? that you would like to part with? could you please Pm me for price and payment details please. I'll have a look this weekend for a temp sensor. Scrappys around here never stock decent cars :huh: But no harm in looking.

Thanks very much for your help :P ,

craig.

Spiky
working rev counter to follow. (thanks to Spiky)

so you've had the car running with it connected?

cool

will make some more up now :huh:

edit ..DOH just seen you said to follow...pmsl

Edited by Spiky

Rob Turbo

I had a look today but can't find it, a universal one should do the trick

craig f90
I had a look today but can't find it, a universal one should do the trick

Cheers again rob, ill have a look around and get a universal one.

craig f90
so you've had the car running with it connected?

cool

will make some more up now :)

edit ..DOH just seen you said to follow...pmsl

Ahh. sorry. iI havent had chance as yet. But hoping to get it in this week. Im eager, will post as soon as i do.

craig f90
Cheers again rob, ill have a look around and get a universal one.

Got the connecter yesterday, found a secondhand pressure sender which is in the post, just a temp sender to get. Like hens teeth they must be...

Spiky ill get the rev counter adapter fitted in the week. Just waiting for the G/f to back to work so i can sped a bit of quality time with the 205. :)

Sign in to follow this