• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
woodsy

What Kind Of Bhp?

woodsy

hi guys, in a few months time when funds allow i was thinkin of another head for my mi16 and fancy getting 3angle seats and an inlet cam for it.My top end bit rattly at moment so thought of doing this.What kind of power u reckon i will get from her then.Last time on SBC rollers i had 169bhp @ wheels, have weber 45's ,lightened and balanced bottom end,longman inlet, and 4-2-1 manifold.Seen hiflows head do one for around £500 exchange.What cam would be good for my spec remembering its for road use.

DrSarty

On an otherwise standard Mi engine, decent valve seats, a PeterT (via him on this forum) or Catcam (via QEP - forum sponsor) inlet cam and ITBs, a jump from 160 to 190bhp has shown up quite a few times. (Aftermarket ECU naturally)

As you already have some good mods, and it is regrettably a law of diminishing returns with engine tuning i.e. more and more horsepower becomes harder (read: more expensive to achieve), I suspect you may gain half that with this mod, say 10-15bhp, but perhaps more mid-range driveability, which is always desirable for a road car.

Edited by DrSarty

welshpug

Sounds like its already a strong engine if its got near 170 bhp at the wheels already, Aftermarket management and an inlet cam will help you make the most of it as the heads are very good already, I'd see what QEP can do for you.

Miles

First of all don;t be fooled by claim's on Websites as many don;t live up to want's shown, Your better off talking to companies just too see what knowledge they have and if they have a bunch off happy customer's which I think QEP & Longmans do.

Could be worthwhile getting a mapped ignition to ditch the Dizzy and then you can always add the bodies at a later date

boldy205

169bhp at the road wheels? on a standard engine with twin 45s? is That not about (roughly, i dont want to start a transmision loss arguement!! :excl: ) 200ish BHP at flywheel? Thats a lot!

woodsy

That was done couple years ago on skip browns road last time i went i had 165bhp will dig out the power graph this week and post it up.Just had to do liner seals again as they started to leak for some reason so its up and running again with bloody noisy tappet and leak from sump which when i do it for second time hopefully can get it booked in for tune up and see if its similiar bhp again.

projectpug

Will be flywheel power

Sign in to follow this