• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Polishing Decals

brianthemagical

I'm planning to polish a car with decals as i want the rest of the car shiny. would it be ok to machine polish the decals and then use ordinary wax ond sealant? any tips and tricks? thanks for any help.

craig f90

Depending on the type of decals, id imagine the machine would pick up the edges. Ive knocked the odd pin stripe off at work using a buffer. if you have printed vynil the print comes off easily too. If it was me id machine around the decals and wok it by hand nearest to them. Waxing decals shouldn't be a problem.

pugman211

machine polish should'nt strip the edges of decals unless your pressing hard. But like craig said, if your unsure, leave about a 1cm gap from them and go over the rest by hand.

brianthemagical

Thanks very much for help, just what i wanted to hear. common sense prevails it would seem. thankfully the car hasn't got too many decals, although some are made up of individual letters, if that makes sense. oh well. thanks again.

Sign in to follow this