• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

Whats Attached To The Engine Loom?

brianthemagical

I'm fitting MS and planning to make a custom enigne loom and remove the STD loom. so, other than the MS stuff, wht else will be removed woth the enigne loom? I'm thinking the brown multi plug will, how many wires does it have? Anything else as i need to order plugs asap. Thanks fopr any help.

welshpug

the one in the engine bay has 7 pins, cant remember offhand but the only thing that runs through it that stops the engine from working is the starter solenoid wire, a search for "brown Multiplug" should find a few topics with the specifics :huh:

brianthemagical

Thanks for the reply. for some reason i never thought to search for brown multiplug. oh well, live and learn as they say.

I thought that there was only the starter to worry about, although i would want to get them fitted for obvious reasons. S'pose i could just make up two seperate looms and run a tempory started wire. Thanks again.

DrSarty

My recent post in my project thread may help you together with these diagrams and this forum thread as a PDF.

post-8041-1171539714_thumb.jpg

post-8041-1171295378_thumb.jpg

post-8041-1171295339_thumb.jpg

post-71-1172446923_thumb.jpg

post-71-1171557091_thumb.jpg

HTH

brownmultiplugs.pdf

Edited by DrSarty

brianthemagical

Erm, i don't know what to say really. That is amazing, thanks very much. I think i have come the conclusion that i don't need the engine bay brown multiplug and it would be an ideal time to replace. Not sure what under the dash is going to present tho, i'm thinking getting a second loom to butcher.

Forgot to add that it's a STD 8v. DrS, i take it thats for an M16 convertd loom, as thats what your making your for? Either way it does help alot.

Thanks agian for the help.

DrSarty

The brown multiplug diagrams are what's insitu in a 205, so they'll be correct. Always worth testing though; but that's easy with most of the warning system as they just earth and either light a bulb or swing a needle to max.

Both the Mi and the 8v all pretty much have the same items, so bar one or two they'll all have a home to go to on the MS. And yes, renew/replace/do away with the loom to engine multi-plug. It's useful having a plug there to remove the engine minus the loom though; just put a good 'un there instead.

Edited by DrSarty

M@tt

i've just removed a 8v loom from my cti as i'll be fitting the xm engine loom for the turbo lump. i'll need to double check whether i need anythign off it but if not it will be up for sale, drop me a pm in a week or so if your still on the look out for one

DrSarty

Here's another post with a clear picture of both brown multi-plugs with labelling. AND....these are my hands, as I posted these pictures many moons ago, so I am extremely famous. Or is that notorious.

:huh:

brownmultiplugs2.pdf

Edited by DrSarty

brianthemagical

Thanks again for the help. I suppose a search would have sufficed, my bad.

Matt: i'll have a mooch and see what i think i need and then send you a PM, thanks for the offer.

Thanks y'all.

welshpug

I thought those grubby mitts were my paws :lol:

they are! its my post ;)

Edited by welshpug

C_W

They look like old school Haynes Manual pictures :blush:

chownr

Ive just converted my Mi over from std Motronic to Omex and been through this.

Easiest way that I found was to build a completely new loom for the ignition/injector side of things - so Coil, Crank Sensor, Coolant Temp Sensor, Air temp Sensor, Injectors, TPS, Map aqnd Lambda (if you are using them) Fuel Pump, ECU Earth, ECU power and Rev Counter.

I then made a separate loom for the sensors using a 3m length of 7 Core trailer cable wehich is perfect and comes already bundled up in outer sheath - Coolant Temp Sensor, Coolant Warning Light, Oil Warning light, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Alternator and Starter Solenoid. Its remarkebly straight forward if you take your time and do some planning beforehand.

I did have some help making the ECU loom but other than that Id say its pretty straight forward. Also the engine bay is a lot tider and I can know work on the engine bay without having to dismantle this and that.

Rich

Grim.Badger

Oi, credit me when you post my diagrams :blush:

Its always worth replacing the sensor loom imo especially when your having to mess with the loom anyway. You will have to tell us how much better the sensors work now :D

Sign in to follow this