• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gaz-2006

306 Gti-6 Hubs For Lower Unsprung Weight?

Gaz-2006

Hi all,

I have tried doing a search but could not find anything conclusive -

I am trying to reduce the unsprung weight on my 205, and heard somewhere a while ago that the 306 GTI-6 hub carriers are made from an alluminium alloy instead of cast iron like the standard 205 item, which should then give a lower unsprung weight - can anyone confirm this to me?

I'm also guessing you would need to use 1.9 driveshafts for this also?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Bakes100

I think you will find the 306 gti hubs are still cast iron but they are hollowed out inside?? (correct me if im wrong)

One issue with these hubs though is that they cause positive camber if used with standard 205 wishbones so you will need the 309 wishbones and shafts also.

:lol:

Miles

Not really usable in Stock Hatch Racing as they look different and give a reduced track but the wheel bearings are allot stronger, I;ve seen some 205 with replacement hub's which use the hollowed out design but if these were 306 hub's or not I counld say

cybernck

you'll actually get positive camber unless you use 309 wishbone and driveshafts, which will only put it back to normal.

Sandy

Same bearing as the 1.9 IIRC Miles?

Bakes100

Yea i think your right, when i brought bearings for my front hubs they were also marked down for a 306 :)

Miles

The one's I have seen have used the same bearing, Just some are marked with ABS or not

Anton green

I would love to know the exact camber that these hubs will give on a 205, with and without 309 wishbones, as I would like a camber setting inbetween the standard 205 and 309'd set-up on a 205.

If anyone knows please comment! Or if anyone knows someone in the know could you give me a heads up? cheers

Anton

TurboSam

I'd like to know that too..

Sign in to follow this