• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
hodgy

Project 205

AdamVester

whow nice work.. what color you going with?

Peetypug

is this the one that going matt black?

looking good mate :unsure:

cybernck

why haven't you started a more complete topic yet?

hodgy

car primed up

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

car painted

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

im very VERY annoyed!

the car was spose to be matt black and the tin said matt black and it has come out gloss black. the paint is really weak.

rung the ppl my mates work gets the paint from and they forgot to add matt to the black so car looks crap! waste of a whole weekend. there gonna send some more paint but i dont have the time now so................ the car is gonna get textured black put on it to take away the crapness of the paint

Goliath

Sorry to hear about the paint, one small mistake always leads to nasty consequesces. Looks like a nice job though, so are you going to repaint it matt or put textured black over the top?

AdamVester

yeah thats really unlucky man sorry to hear that. wish i had someware to do my car properly i was ment to be sanding mine down to make it smooth today ready for the compound but it was raining and im doing the car outside.. sucks. wanted it finished by tuesday ready for when i get the engine looks like a few weeks now if the weather is still crap :lol:.

hodgy

im gonna key the car down and put texture over the top.

the paint looks good but there is a few runs with the paint been so thin.

hodgy

this is what it looks like rolled out. annoyed i matted the bonnet down then the paint comes out gloss but hey ho

post-7696-1205343773_thumb.jpg

applemobile

loads of people i know have done matt black cars. its cost £8 in rattle cans, £2 in masking tape. Free copious amounts of news paper. They have been sprayer outside on a drive, in windy samo weather. and come out almost perfect. I cant understand why you have gone to such lengths to get the same effect?

tom_m

if a jobs worth doing...

hodgy

i wanted to do a proper job for a change as i normally just bodge stuff.if i had of bodged it,it would prob be fine now and not need doing again.im doing it with rattle cans in a couple of week to finish it off

AdamVester
i wanted to do a proper job for a change as i normally just bodge stuff.if i had of bodged it,it would prob be fine now and not need doing again.im doing it with rattle cans in a couple of week to finish it off

if it works its not a bodge espcialy if you get the result you want thats long lasting.

Peetypug

just to add my 10p worth :) i liked the look of it in primer :angry:

hodgy

n894490573_2559916_8087.jpg

thats the back of it.got loads of red dust inside from the sanding

toddydal

well at least it wont take long now to prep as itll just need a key,i would just wet flat it now with 800 to get it nice and smooth and block the runs out and just hit it again with the matt black,its a shame its came out semi gloss but i still think you had the right idea spraying the matt black as you can get it on more even,,,,any way nice effort and keep us imformed of your next attack of matt black

hodgy

im at a car show in 2 weeks so i might be just going there with it keyed down. the most important bits are done like all the 309 running gear and engine running right. will be more fun handing someone there ass in a crap looking car :)

Edd-XS

Looks well moody, I love it!!

Edd

hodgy

well i got it re spryed in time!

n894490573_2632924_5731.jpg

n894490573_2632927_6794.jpg

n894490573_2684307_2009.jpg

n894490573_2684314_4042.jpg

just need to re furb my wheels now and its finally finished

daveholman

That looks pretty good mate, not sure about the darkened headlights but on the whole the colour works well.

hodgy

i smoked the head lights for the show. there white again now and road legal again

paul205mi16

What sideskirts are on it m8? looks nice

Sign in to follow this