• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
osama

Pulling To The Left?!

osama

Hi guys, i have had this problem for a while now, when i accelerate the car wants to pull to the left, when i ease of the accelerator it pulls back to the right?!

i thought it may have something to do with the tracking so i got that done but still no joy!

could it be bushings orr?

it also happens when changing from 4th to 5th, almost pulls to the right when 5th engages after pressing the clutch.

i know that also my rear drivers side caliper needs a bit of attention as when i apply the handbrake, the left side only seems to lock. Shall i just take the brake off and clean everything or what are you guys thinking?

thanks

osama

Edited by osama

nick

Definitely wishbone bushes.

Nick

Picto_205Cti

Thats exactly the same thing that is happening with my car i have had the front wheel bearings changed, new disks, pads and nothing has sorted it i havent tried getting the traking sorted yet, but im on the same page as you, im stumped with what to try next.

anyone out there got any ideas

thanks

osama

Wishbone bushes right! can i just replace the bushings? is it an easy task?

thanks for the quick responses

Simes
Thats exactly the same thing that is happening with my car i have had the front wheel bearings changed, new disks, pads and nothing has sorted it i havent tried getting the traking sorted yet, but im on the same page as you, im stumped with what to try next.

anyone out there got any ideas

thanks

Common problem - a quick search reveals all

Bushes

It is likely to be wishbone bushes.

Simes
Hi guys, i have had this problem for a while now, when i accelerate the car wants to pull to the left, when i ease of the accelerator it pulls back to the right?!

i thought it may have something to do with the tracking so i got that done but still no joy!

could it be bushings orr?

it also happens when changing from 4th to 5th, almost pulls to the right when 5th engages after pressing the clutch.

i know that also my rear drivers side caliper needs a bit of attention as when i apply the handbrake, the left side only seems to lock. Shall i just take the brake off and clean everything or what are you guys thinking?

thanks

osama

wasn't this answered here?

Say you're on a motorway doing 70mph and you easy off it wanders one way? Then accelerate and it goes the other?

Try replacing the wishbone bushes first.

Edited by Simes

Picto_205Cti

ill give that a try

thanks alot for your help

osama

i couldnt find the old topic anywhere! sorry dude

i just gave peugeot a quick ring and they say there is 2 on each front wishbone, all of them will cost £42

are these hard to replace?

thanks again

osama

Bonzai

in theory no, you just undo 3 bolts and out the wishbone comes. In reality these bolts are in their teenage years and will be corroded like a mo-fo and will be a bit of a challenge. Once the wishbones are off you will need to get teh bushes out, in the past i have been able to lock the w/b's in a vice and hammer the bushes out with an appropriate sized socket, some people prefer to burn them out though.

You might want to put polysport/poly race bushes in place of standard ones if thats your kind of thing.

boombang

That price is totally wrong - they do a full set of bushes with bolts for £16...

which was also written in your other thread!

Best place for a wishbone bush kit is Peugeot, you need part # 3599 07 which costs about £15 but has enough new bushes & replacement bolts for both wishbones not just one.

osama
That price is totally wrong - they do a full set of bushes with bolts for £16...

which was also written in your other thread!

just gave GSF a ring, they said they are £1.60 each!! i hope they have the right part? they said it is shaped like a mushroom?

osama

jackherer
i just gave peugeot a quick ring and they say there is 2 on each front wishbone, all of them will cost £42

They have priced them up individually, if you search on here you will find a part number that gets you all four bushes and new nuts, bolts and washers for under £20!Fitting them is easy, getting the old ones out is harder, search and you will find many posts on the subject.

just gave GSF a ring, they said they are £1.60 each!! i hope they have the right part? they said it is shaped like a mushroom?osama

Only buy genuine peugeot bushes, all others are useless and will last no more than two weeks.

boombang
just gave GSF a ring, they said they are £1.60 each!! i hope they have the right part? they said it is shaped like a mushroom?

without meaning to sound rude, what you should do is buy part no 3599 07 from Peugeot, whip the wishbones off and either knock old bushes put and new in (using fire + socket or whatever method you prefer!) or take them to a local garage, give them a score and have them pressed in and out.

Did mine with a mate (I did the burning, he did the pressing in) in an hour or so.

If the balljoints are knackered just buy new arms - but if you get aftermarket arms it's often still worthwhile putting Pug bushes in as they simply last longer and are better than the rest.

Simes

Attached is a diagram of the wishbone with the bushes circled around in red.

The wishbone kit from Peugeot is is what need to get - you'll get the bolts too. This is much cheaper than buying each bush separately.

Don't buy the bushes from anywhere else they will be made of cheese.

post-641-1204986313_thumb.jpg

Edited by Simes

cybernck

^ how much is it then? :rolleyes:

GLPoomobile

£19.21 inc VAT currently

Anton green

I have tried replacing the full wishbone before when the bushes go, also just the bushes, and been down the poly bush route too.

If I had to do it again I would either buy genuine peugeot bushes direct from peugeot or make my own bushings (undecided how yet).

If you aren't handy with a blowtorch, hammer and chisel -buy the bushings from peugeot as boombang said above and get a garage to fit them. DO NOT buy gsf or any other type of bush apart from peugeot. You'll be sorry.

Be aware that in my experience, a badly worn hub carrier at the pinchbolt can cause this too by wearing in to an oval shape. I haven't found a way to improve this area of the Peugeot design yet, but will do next time they wear out. If it is your pinchbolt hole wearing oval which is causing your steering woes, change it sharpish! (and buy new pinch bolts from peugeot as they only cost a couple of quid but are vitally important)

Hope this ebook I have just written is of some use to you.

Anton

Edited by Anton green

Bonzai
Be aware that in my experience, a badly worn hub carrier at the pinchbolt can cause this too by wearing in to an oval shape. I haven't found a way to improve this area of the Peugeot design yet, but will do next time they wear out. If it is your pinchbolt hole wearing oval which is causing your steering woes, change it sharpish! (and buy new pinch bolts from peugeot as they only cost a couple of quid but are vitally important)

James R has gone down the route of using 10.9 rated bolts and presumably tightened them up even harder

Sign in to follow this