• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti_al

Mi16 Icv

gti_al

Thanks... not entirely convinced that is a step forward though. I'm interested to work out what is going wrong with the standard one.

Initially i thought it was just wear to the linkage between the butterflies, but not that is gone there is still a problem. Swapping them for the various alternatives, none of which are ideal seems like a step in the wrong direction. I'm just after a few suggestions before i pull mine of for a look. If it is shagged i may well go for a more common one, but i would like to try and find a solution first. A few friends are able to fabricate bits, so i would like to see if they can be fixed.

KRISKARRERA

The spring on the bottom butterfly valve is really weak compared to the top one, maybe a beefier spring would help to stop it flapping around?

welshpug

is there also not a problem with the spindles themselves wearing so not only does the relationship between both butterflies not remain constant but that they can move around causing more difficulties?

certainly the case with earlier 8 valve throttle bodies I've heard.

gti_al
is there also not a problem with the spindles themselves wearing so not only does the relationship between both butterflies not remain constant but that they can move around causing more difficulties?

certainly the case with earlier 8 valve throttle bodies I've heard.

I think that is closer to the mark. I suspect the play which appears to be a result of the linkage arises from there too. It seems that the linkage is fairly loose on all of them - it is only an issue when something causes that play to be taken up

I guess i have to pull it off and start measuring things compared to my spare.

gti_al

the weirdest thing ever happened yesteday... it started doing exactly what i started this about, with the revs jumping around. It would be at 5000rpm one second and stalling the next

THEN, it did a perfect cold start last night. Revs jumped up for a bit, then droppped off. It hasn’t done that since i started noticing problems. Does this suggest is isn’t the throttle body after all? It hasn't started like that in at least a year

Sign in to follow this