• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stutto

Trailing Arm Cup

stutto

What is the best way to seat this?

I am thinking of using the beam itself to force it along the trailing arm.

pug_ham

Thats how I fit them, use the beam tube as a guide with the new bits fitted & then gently push the trailing arm in to seat the cup fully home.

Graham.

stutto

Thanks for that Graham, but I was keen to finish my long term project - bought the beam over a year ago now! I ended up using a small square of wood as a drift until they were about an inch off the base and then finished it off using the beam itself. (Less than this means you are trying to move cup and go through inner bearing at the same time).

Problem occured because I wasn't actually thinking about the purpose of the cups and just bashed them on with a couple of hammers. Realised they are an element of the axial and radial seal and that I had bent them too much when I put the arms in the beam. Amazingly (first time ever) Peugeot had them in stock, so no first visit to order and pay and then a second visit for collection!

/Rant over

Sign in to follow this