• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
brianthemagical

S16 Inlet Air Temp

brianthemagical

Hi peeps, i'm planning on using an S16 inlet air temp sensor for my MS conversion. I'm now in possesion on said sensor but i'm curious of how it is fitted to the S16 manifold, more how it is held in. Any advice on positioning would also be greatful. Thanks for any help.

DrSarty

On the GTi6 'inlet' it's actually mounted in the throttle body. Have you checked to see if your TB either already has one fitted or has a location for it?

Rob Turbo

It pushes into a hole on the side of the throttle body theres a lip around the inside edge of the hole to stop it going too far in, with the TPS over it to stop it coming out.

To fit it in a manifold you could drill a hole that it doesn't fit in, then another one that it does fit into but not right through, then file a slot in either side of the lip so it fits right, then drill and tap a hole near it to bolt a strip of metal over it?

brianthemagical

Sorry, i forgot to metion the important fact that it's going on a 1.9 GTi with STD plenum and TB :D . Thanks for the help though. i though it looked as tho it should be held in by something.

Rob turbo:that sounds like a plan, i'll see what i can up with. Thanks for the items, cracking service.

Thanks again peeps.

Sign in to follow this