• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
enrique

Spare Wheel And Jack

enrique

Hi all. Have been toying around with every detail I've come across so far, but one I haven't figured out yet, nor found it in the manual. How do I fit the thin spare wheel (95/110/14) under the trunk? It is lays loose in the cage. I bet there's a part missing, but what is it? A box for the jack? A plastic/rubber donut/cone...

Now it's sitting behind the passenger's seat, because it will move around in the trunk.

I don´t know where the jack goes either. The manual (which is for every possible 205 version) shows it in the right front corner of the engine compartment, but in my case, that space is taken by the air conditioning. Then the manual says "in some models" it goes under the driver's seat. Nothing to fit it to there. Should it just lie around loose under the seat?

Puzzled

E

Baz

It does usually go in the engine bay as stated, but if you have air con or it's a later 205 there should be a boss for it to screw into or be held under the seat.

As for the spare, it shouldn't be too thin that it doesn't sit in the spare wheel cage under the boot...?

Grim.Badger

Some of the base models had a pair of rubber cones fitted into the base of the car that stopped the spare wheel from bouncing about in its cage.

fencer

in the trunk you have two holes in which the screw holding the cage goes in, (one of them is closed by a grommet) in your case if the wheel is thin you will need to use the hole on the right.

Ryan

In cars with air conditioning the jack should go under one of the seats. On one side (I forget which) there should be a screw hole in the cross member - in roughly this sort of place:

post-5273-1204633193_thumb.jpg

It might be hard to see with the carpet in the way, and might be on the other side.

Edited by Ryan

Super Josh

^^^^ Yep, it's under the left hand set, just where you have shown it :) ^^^^

Josh

DaveW

Thats where i put my jack on the cj, as theres an alarm siren where the jack should be..

enrique

Thank you guys, so many responses!

in the trunk you have two holes in which the screw holding the cage goes in, (one of them is closed by a grommet) in your case if the wheel is thin you will need to use the hole on the right.

Tried that and yes, now it fits perfectly and doesn't move!!!!

Haven't got to the part of the jack, will look for that boss under both seats this weekend (this is a left hand drive)

Thankful,

E

damien

sorry for bumping a old thread.

i want to relocate my jack to under the passinger seat, is there a mount or bolt that i need for it to go there?

Super Josh
sorry for bumping a old thread.

i want to relocate my jack to under the passinger seat, is there a mount or bolt that i need for it to go there?

The AC model shells have a hole in the drivers inner wing for the receiver/dryer and the extra boss under the passenger seat for the jack, as said above. You could cut out the boss from the inner wing of a scrap car and weld it under your passsenger seat.

Josh

damien

poo to that, was hoping the hole would be there and that i would just need to get some type of braket for it

Sign in to follow this