• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lagonda

Master Cylinders From Brakeparts (by "bremtech")

lagonda

Having rebuilt the front calipers, new pads, braided hoses (rear brakes done 2 years ago), why should I expect great brakes?! Not with this car. As usual it's got the hump so now the master cylinder is playing up.

Brakeparts seem quite reasonable pricewise but haven't heard of "Bremtech" as a manufacturer. Would appreciate feedback on others' experience with these as I understand thre can be problems with aftermarket master cylinders.

Normski

I bought a 406 MC from them last year and it has been fine. I'm not sure of the actual manufacturer.

But what I can say is that the after sales support was excellent with them. I thought there was a problem with the MC when I fitted it to my 205 (GTi-6 brake set-up). Turns out there wasn't and I know this because they took it back and stripped it to measure the piston diameter, e-mailing me the pictures. One of the tech guys then went through all the possible causes of what I was getting (long pedal travel), and we got to the bottom of it.

lagonda

Sounds good. Don't suppose they'd be that helpful if they were selling rubbish.

Looks like price will be around £29 for a new m/c from them (including a blanking plug as mine is a 3 port set up), whereas a rebuild kit from Big Redd is around £24 ... so might as well buy new one (they've confirmed new, not re-manufactured).

lagonda

Delivery from Brakeparts turned out to bring it to £38 in total. Went to GSF to check their's out ... it wasn't in a box, one of the reservoir seals was missing, they didn't know who made it, and it really looked very mickey mouse! Have emailed to see if they can supply genuine Bendix, but if not will go for the kit & rebuild the original. Can hardly be difficult so long as I can find my circlip pliers.

lagonda

Final update! Went to GSF at Heathrow, & they DID have proper Bendix m/c in its box, well pleased. Just shows you need to be careful buying parts from them if you're after a particular make.

Sign in to follow this