• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

Interesting Xsi 1.6 Tu Article On Guy Corfts Site

Rippthrough

Interesting, I tried to register a while back for his thoughts on my budget/rushed head but never got any confirmation e-mails.

Interesting that he says the flow goes no-where near the valve guide - well, no, in stock trim it has diverters, but you can smooth those out and waist the guide to pick up some flow speed in that area because you aren't diverting the airstream then.

Sandy

Interesting, but I'm generally more concerned about the inlet manifold that will be fitted, which is far more influential on TU 8v performance than "improving" the port flow. To illustrate this, we've seen 185psi BMEP several times from reputable heads on regular manifolds (S1 inlet, Chadil manifold or bike bodies manifolds), but also 185psi BMEP using a careful TB inlet design on a standard engine, standard head, standard cam. I typically see over 205psi BMEP using my manifold designs with Shillaber heads and 280ish catcams.

24seven

Blimey, though I know nothing of the technical side of all this, that thread is VERY interesting, and I like how Mr Croft discusses the problem with others this way. All very interesting stuff, I'm really looking forward to studying this kind of thing in more detail at university.

Sign in to follow this