• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest tim12

New To The Tu24

Guest tim12

Hi,

Having previously owned a 1.3 106rallye with the injected TU2 J2/Z, and now buying a 205rallye with the TU24 I just wondered what are the main things I may have to look out for on the TU24 engine that may prove promlematic. I am expecting obviously to have to maybe fettle with the carbs. I have heard that there is a thick carb-manifold gasket that can be hard to get hold of if it perishes.

Being in the UK, are there any parts for the engine that maybe hard to get hold of if they break? eg Valve gear..

I intend to keep the engine as standard as possible.

Thanks alot for any info,

Tim :lol:

christopher

You can get most OE parts from pug. Although recently they are starting to be unavailable. They share lots of parts with other TU's too. (suspension is all 205 gti 1.6) But you need to do your homework since most suppliers haven't heard of the rallye or get it confused with the Uk rallye.

The Rubbers can perish. But they normally look worse then they are functioning. I am using custom aluminium ones

Post us some pictures of your rallye ..Be nice to see

Edited by christopher

bren_1.3

driveshafts......dont break them and check the gaitors often for splits. you cant get hold of them very easily what with the outer being a gti and inner a MA box fit.

Guest tim12

Great, thanks. Yes I imagine places confuse with the Uk one... Ill try & get some pics when I recieve it.

P.S. is the cambelt and oil filter the same as the 1.1? First things to do I think...

Any other service items that are not obvious please let me know,

Regards,

christopher

The filter is the same and I am pretty sure the cambelt is the same... 104 dents. Good idea to change the tensioner at the same time

Edited by christopher

Sign in to follow this