• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ole_1987

Tuning A Tu24? (205 1.3 Rallye)

Ole_1987

Hi.

I wan't to get more power out of my 205 1.3 Rallye with 2xWeber DCOM 40mm

What are the suggestions?

Another cam, but which? I've heard a lot mentioning CatCams.

What can be done with the cylinderhead?

increasing the compression with other pistons?

Sandy

Perhaps the Catcam 4901101, but advanced to inlet 2.15mm at TDC. Any wilder is likely to bring small gains in peak power for big losses in driveability and mid range power.

Head wise, the bigger valve TU heads (39.5mm inlets) work very well as they are and great care must be taken to bring small improvements without spoiling driveability and mid range power (again!)

Using a 1360cc crank would be tempting, it brings alot more potential to the 106 1.3 engine, but i'm not sure it's practical in the 205 1.3 engine, due to the shorter rods and block; you'd really have to plan another engine from scratch to do that.

christopher

Ole what kind of increase in performance are you after and how far you are prepared to go. The 205 Rallye is a Retro icon (in my humble opinion) and very hard to improve on. Most in denmark have been ruined by chavs or crashed.. :) It's a crying shame..

I would be very careful about your choice of cams. The TU24 cam is already quite wild. I would think twice about choosing anything less then the wildest road catcam or you may end up loosing power... In fact this cam was based on the TU24 can according to Catcams..

The head flows very well as standard. You will need someone who knows what they doing and deep pockets to get any increase at all...The inlets values are almost the same as the 1.6 engines 39.3mm.

The group A's made aboout 140bhp. But they were highly modified

Edited by christopher

Ole_1987
Perhaps the Catcam 4901101, but advanced to inlet 2.15mm at TDC. Any wilder is likely to bring small gains in peak power for big losses in driveability and mid range power.

Head wise, the bigger valve TU heads (39.5mm inlets) work very well as they are and great care must be taken to bring small improvements without spoiling driveability and mid range power (again!)

Using a 1360cc crank would be tempting, it brings alot more potential to the 106 1.3 engine, but i'm not sure it's practical in the 205 1.3 engine, due to the shorter rods and block; you'd really have to plan another engine from scratch to do that.

Thank you very much.

Ole what kind of increase in performance are you after and how far you are prepared to go. The 205 Rallye is a Retro icon (in my humble opinion) and very hard to improve on. Most in denmark have been ruined by chavs or crashed.. :lol: It's a crying shame..

I would be very careful about your choice of cams. The TU24 cam is already quite wild. I would think twice about choosing anything less then the wildest road catcam or you may end up loosing power... In fact this cam was based on the TU24 can according to Catcams..

The head flows very well as standard. You will need someone who knows what they doing and deep pockets to get any increase at all...The inlets values are almost the same as the 1.6 engines 39.3mm.

The group A's made aboout 140bhp. But they were highly modified

I use the car for daily driving, so i hope not to loose to much power in the midrange area..

It's a retro car yes and there aren't many left. I'm trying to make it as original as possible.

Thanks for your input. I'll consider the "tuning" again..

arnold naber

I have a 304degree Dr. Schrick in my rallye...but i wouldn't advice that for daily use

205Rallee

If someone can tell me how to do it I can send you photos of a TU24 head modified by someone who didn't know what they were doing and then photos of the same head which has been modified by Longman Racing last week.

arnold naber

upload the images to imageshack..

than [ IMG ] www.imageshack. com / yourphoto.jpg [ /img]

Without the spaces

arnold naber

Here the pictures of 205rallee...

they guys who didn't know what they were doing:

Foto-UOMUXXNM.jpg

Foto-W3MCNG7I.jpg

Foto-4ZQXN33E.jpg

the same head which has been modified by Longman Racing last week.

Foto-UFCICT3J.jpg

Foto-FADBYRR4.jpg

Foto-ZFCBTCEN.jpg

Foto-8XGWPQPA.jpg

Foto-JPJZQU4T.jpg

christopher

Nice

How much did you get skimmed off 205Rallye?

What the grey part at the top of the guide boss? Is it grease or something else?

205Rallee
Nice

How much did you get skimmed off 205Rallye?

What the grey part at the top of the guide boss? Is it grease or something else?

Not sure how much they took off the head but with the standard pistons and the thicker meillor head gasket it will have a comp ratio of 10.8:1. Unfortunately the guy that did the head the first time skimmed too much off the head.

The grey stuff is a seal or lubricant so I'm told.

pug_ham

What did the headwork @ Longmans cost if you don't mind me asking?

Graham.

Sign in to follow this