• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

Adjustable Upper Strutbrace

Rob Turbo

Not a 205, my 306, I've bought a pair of strutbraces for it, the lower one is fitted but I'm not sure about the upper one, with it having the adjustable bit on.

I read that you jack the front end up, bolt the brace on then "tension" the brace with the adjuster, thing is, do I adjust it so it pushes the strut tops out or so it pulls them in? I know you don't force them in or out but you know what I mean!

I'd guess that you adjust it out, otherwise there would be no reason to jack it up first, am I right? :ph34r:

Thanks,

Rob

Rippthrough

Don't jack the car up, but adjust it to pull the struts in.

renault 17
Don't jack the car up, but adjust it to pull the struts in.

If you land hard over a crest the strut mountings on the chassis are going to move towards each other so I'd set it pushing out.

Rippthrough

They're going to pull away from each other over cornering and that's what matters, if you don't want them to flex on landing you want to weld in a stiffening plate,

Rob Turbo

Thanks for the replys, I have no intensions of getting air-born anyway so I'll be pulling it in, I got the braces for handling, not stopping it falling to bit's after some big air!!

Henry Yorke

I set mine to pushing out as I believed the purpose was to brace the struts from moving towards each other and hence flexing.

Rippthrough

The wheels try to move into positive camber under cornering, but as the outside wheel has far more force acting upon it the result is the struts attempt to flex away from each other...

Sign in to follow this