• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NeilGTi85

205 2.0l Iron

petert
i bet a 16v wont pull that low down and still make power?

My race car (2L 16V) will pull from 1500 in 5th, easily. It's a matter of matching the right components and mapping it correctly. Does yours have >90% of it's torque from 4000-7500?

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?a...ost&id=2044

Sandy

I don't think you'll ever see the flexibility and spread of power with an XU 8v that the 16v will give. The XU 8v head is a pretty average design and struggles to get over 75lbft/litre over a usable range (eg compared to a fairly easy >80lbft/litre over a good range from a well set up TU 8v), but the XU 16v later heads are amongst the best designs around, over 85lbft/litre and good flexibility is readily achievable. These are not fantasy figures, but my solid figures from calibrated dyno equipment, before the BS police show up!

NeilGTi85

I've never seen a 8V beat a 16V (205 race spec) at any events i've been too, Ive seen 8V 205 take corners alot more aggresivly and be able to hit the corner because of the wieght diffrence.....but in all fairness I really cant see and 8V having any more torque than a 16V at low rev's, maybe it might pull harder due to the wieght coming from stand still.....im not to sure and I dont care.

Basiclly I've gone for these on my car.....slightly customised for better performance.....as you'll see "once" I start my projects page

http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/product...ecnumber=105546

Im going to compleatly strip down my engine and replace evrything and clean everything, have just aqquired a double garage!!

My budget is 4K (including re-spray and a trip to the dent magicians)

As you all will know im still new to the game but learning quick due to help from everyone on here and PFC,

Cheers

Neil

Alastairh

Personally if i was in your shoes.

GTI6 inlet, 1900 Mi crank for a bit more compression, speak to the above mentioned and ask for suitable cams and on a budget just get the S16 management remapped, which i wouldn't mind seeing the results.

OR

Just do the easy option and buy my T16 engine with 270 BHP for 4k :lol:

Edited by Alastairh

NeilGTi85

I will be getting a new inlet and 1.9 crank aswell, as for cam's i am going to talk with QEP as there 2 mins down the road from me (which will be usefull).

Neil

(p.s. if you'll take 3K for your T16 i might be tempted :lol: Why's it not in your 205??!!!!! )

Sign in to follow this