• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
arnold naber

[trackday_prep] Dutch Trackday 205 Rallye 1.3

arnold naber

Hi,

First off all... sorry for the crappy english :ph34r:

Short introduction of my self... Arnold, 26 and i'm a shopmanager in a local computershop in Emmen, the Netherlands.

I have a nice hobby garage with a friend of mine.. here some pics from our garage after we hosed it clean and painted it :(

we have a kitchen, toilet etc.. only thing missing is some heating but that;s solved with a gasheater

garage.JPG

Here some pictures before the cleaning

garage.jpg

garage1.jpg

garage2.jpg

garage3.jpg

after some hosing down and cleaning and painting

garage4.jpg

garage5.jpg

arnold naber

my friend after some cleaning..

IMAGE_00064.jpg

Then i found my project...a 1.9 rallye on the local scapyard.. Bought it for allmost nothing..and started stripping it down...

Because i bought a house in the same period (what needed al lot..reallye alot of work) i didn't reallye go fast..

Because i completely stripped the car down i had to build it from scratch..After the house was finished (after 1,5 year !) i did some calculating and found out it was to expensive to get it driving again..would take some years and my main goal is driving..al thoug i like building :( But i had to choose..

I had bought some stuff for the 1.9 rallye.. a poly bonnet (reversed bump ) and a poly tailgate

achterpoly.jpg

motorpoly.jpg

And a nice poly sidescreen with intergrated rallye arches

DSCN2859.jpg

Edited by arnold naber

arnold naber

And then i found a nice half build project....phoned the owner, made a appointment and took his whole garage empty B)

Foto-8NJLDK8H.jpg

Foto-SE3CQP3A.jpg

nice kayaba front and rear dampers :)

the eninge has been rebuild, and hasnt run yet..there is a sharp camshaft mounted which touches a cilinder.

Currently the car is with a sponsor of the dutch peugeot gti club with will make the motor running..

Whole front and has powerflex bushes..

update will follow when i got the car back.. the some stripping wil start.. to make room for a weld in cage.

I also started a website www.trackdayparts.nl to resel the bakerbm stuff.. Since i started my project a long time ago there is now a real boom of dutch racer projects :( that must have baker stuff on their cars :ph34r:

Edited by arnold naber

arnold naber

Well..

found some 205 1.1 fusee piece ( you know the big peice of metal where the driveshafts run through.)

I'll put new bearings in it..This makes it possibel to use 307 HDI brakes what i have laying around from the old 1.9 project. A bit overkill at the time :D

The kayaba shockers will be replaced with bilstein b6 dempers.. In that setup the car will be getting its MOT.. in the winter the 309 front will be placed.. (will use 309 1.4 driveshafts..)

I also have some stuff back from the powder coater.. niec and shiny

TT205

1.9 Rallye !!!

We didn't get any of those ;)

arnold naber

jup...

and i just brought it to the scrapyard ;)

trogboy

Your garage looks great! I wish I had a dedicated place to work on my vehicles.

I though the 1.9 rallye was a bit all show and no go! Wasn't the engine lower powered?

Loving the 1.3 rallye - the carbs sound fantastic!

calvinhorse
Your garage looks great! I wish I had a dedicated place to work on my vehicles.

I though the 1.9 rallye was a bit all show and no go! Wasn't the engine lower powered?

Loving the 1.3 rallye - the carbs sound fantastic!

it was to do with the emisions, 1.9 cat i think about 105 bhp? similar to the 1.3..

lovely looking project and that garage is spot on!!

arnold naber

1.9 rallye is a bit of a strange 205..

i think they had some wine left...after they had that used up they saw some 1.3 rallye parts and some gentry engines (105bhp) and mixed it all into a 205 1.9 rallye ;)

welshpug

perfect car to put a 1905cc 16v engine into.....

why were the KYB dampers changed?

arnold naber

well im not certain about that..

kayaba isn't reallye popular in the netherlands..brand didn't say me anything ?

bilsteins are more used and i hear great things about it..

So... i'm still not sure what to take..

want to keep the best ones off course

arnold naber

After some comments from Mr. Hilgie :lol:

Bilstein it will be....

Kayaba's are good... but the bilsteins are better :lol:

Francesco

Wel here is the mate that also uses this garage. I will post my project soon. It's also gonna be a racer, only mine is gonna be a 205 GTi 1.9 8V Gutmann with 145HP.

Regards the 1.9 Rallye, they where only for sale in Germany and Switzerland by my nolidge. In the Netherlands only the 1.3 Rallye was for sale. All 1.9 Rallye's are imported from Germany. And since Germany is not far away for us, it is easier to find a 1.9 Rallye than a 1.3 Rallye nowadays.

Arnold bougt one of the best 1.3 Rallye's out there. There are only around 15-20 1.3 Rallye's left in the Netherlands. So it is rare. Very hard to come by now, cos the owners keep them for years and years. The previous owner had this one for 6 years. And used to have 4 of them!

easypug
And a nice poly sidescreen with intergrated rallye arches

DSCN2859.jpg

Where can us english folk get some of these?

DaveW

How much did you pay for the rallye 1.3?

arnold naber

@ easypug: I can supply them to you.. a friend of mine can take some with him when he returns from france..

costs are € 320 incl shipping

Paid € 1600 for the rallye... but sold the omp cage and the SL434 rims..

christopher
it was to do with the emisions, 1.9 cat i think about 105 bhp? similar to the 1.3..

lovely looking project and that garage is spot on!!

Wel here is the mate that also uses this garage. I will post my project soon. It's also gonna be a racer, only mine is gonna be a 205 GTi 1.9 8V Gutmann with 145HP.

Regards the 1.9 Rallye, they where only for sale in Germany and Switzerland by my nolidge. In the Netherlands only the 1.3 Rallye was for sale. All 1.9 Rallye's are imported from Germany. And since Germany is not far away for us, it is easier to find a 1.9 Rallye than a 1.3 Rallye nowadays.

Arnold bougt one of the best 1.3 Rallye's out there. There are only around 15-20 1.3 Rallye's left in the Netherlands. So it is rare. Very hard to come by now, cos the owners keep them for years and years. The previous owner had this one for 6 years. And used to have 4 of them!

They sold the 1,9 Rallye in Denmark too. In fact I used to own one before I even knew 1,3 Rallyes existed. But only after 1990/91 when tighter emissions regulations came in. I pulled a 1,3 engine out of a 91 rallye that had a CAT on it. Probably one of the last sold. The 1,9's are more common here too but still very rare.

The 1,9 low comp engine still has a lot of torque and is easy to drive. In fact my missus used to love driving it. It just was a bit gutless above 4000rpm. When is the exact opposite with the 1,3.

One of the problems is people keep crashing them. I bought a head off some guy once that had written off 3!!! :) Are they really that hard to drive (the 1.3 that is)?

costs are € 320 incl shipping

they are really quite cool....But at that price??

Edited by christopher

arnold naber

well emailed the supplier again...seems they do 370 at the moment..... !

emailed them for the prices

Francesco

Price is in euro's, not in pounds. Just for the record. ;)

arnold naber

Ok little update.

Kayaba's have been replaced by bilstein b8's

mounted 1.1 wheelhubs to fit the 307 brake's brembo disc's with ferodo ds2500 blocks

mounted 309 stabi bar.

the rearbeam was a bit :mellow::) rusty... So it wil bereplaced with the custom rearbeam

a complete reebuild from a standard 205 midsection with 306gti6 arms.

bought some toyo r888's to be mounted on...

velg1.JPG

velg2.JPG

20mm spacers are orderd also threadends with nice black wheelnuts :)

arnold naber

Not much to say... engine is halfway ready..

the toyor888;s are fitted on the the rims...

and... will have a 1.6 16v lump that needs to be rebuild...thats something for the winter :)

arnold naber

Well the engine runs but we have to adjust it a bit..doesn't run smooth maybe have to do with the 304degree camshaft :wacko:

mounted the wheels and gave the car a little wash

post-10376-1213009400_thumb.jpg

Edited by arnold naber

arnold naber

another one :wacko:

Orange blinkers are orderd..for the "oldskool looks" :blush:

Only problem we need to sort out is the springs..these are -3cm H&R problem is that the rallye engine is lighter than a gti so it hase abit 4x4 looks :D

post-10376-1213009431_thumb.jpg

Edited by arnold naber

Francesco

Arnold, what is the latest update?

christopher

Looks nice arnold. I would loose the white mirrors and the spots though if it were me..