• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

309 Gti: Solid Front Disks Or Vented?

Stu

As above peeps, i (blindly) bought a 309 GTI front setup for the 205 a bit back, it came with hubs, wishbones, disks calipers, driveshafts, arb etc. Now, i measured the driveshafts and they came out at being the longer ones (as per a thread i read a bit back) and upon comparing the bottom arms with 205 ones, they are approx 10mm longer..

BUT, the disks are solid, and the front ARB is 19mm.. Sooo.. have i got something thats not 309 GTI? could the setup be anything else?

jord294

afaik, and being a 309 gti owner. front discs are vented and should be 247mm. the rears are solid

anti roll bar size varies for some reason. 21mm is the norm, but i have known cars with 17mm

Edited by jord294

Stu

Hmmmm.. the disks are 247mm, and the calipers are girling..

I thought the 309 GTI had vented disks, so what the fook have i got then? Does the diesel use solid disks?

Miles

Sounds like the normal 309, SRI, XSi or GRi front end These all had solid disc's the 1.6 injection engine and Girling brakes, but the ARB is quite thick as it uses TCA (Ford things) instead of wishbones as found on the GTi

Jrod

If you have got the above I'll have the arms and d/s off you, price depending.

Stu

Im even more confused now then..

The wishbones ive got are nigh on identical to the ones on my 205 GTI, without the webbings which would suggest they are 309 GTI, and they are defo 10mm longer.

I wonder if someones mixed and matched in the past? The driveshafts measure up like 309 ones should.

So, ive got longer wishbones and longer d/shafts (in relation to 205 items anyhow), have these GOT to be 309 GTI?

Ryan

I think the longer wishbones and driveshafts are fitted to all XU 309s (petrol and diesel), it's only the brakes and ARB that are different.

pacey205

What setup do the lower models have though, are they track control arms like the lower model 205's. In which case if its like a normal 205GTI wishbone but longer it must be off of a GTI or maybe diesel ?

Michael

Stu

Aaahhh.. So the bones and shafts are the same across the range.. That would make sense, i was worried that the setup would be no good for my 205.

pug_ham
What setup do the lower models have though, are they track control arms like the lower model 205's.

Lower model 309's have the same set up as the low spec 205's, track control arm with the ARB forming one of the pivots / brace points.

They set up you got could be from a 309 TD, looking at some of the spares websites the 309 TD could have had both fitted.

http://www.brakeworld.co.uk/brakeworld/app...002/peug309.htm

The hubs are the same across the 309 with XU engine range afaik so the vented discs should fit straight on but obviously the calipers will be useless.

Graham.

Stu

Ok.. seems like what ive bought was mis represented, but still useful to me..

Ive got a set of GTI-6 disks/calipers to go on anyhow so im not gonna use the braking setup, i was just concerned that id bought something that i couldnt use..

Sign in to follow this