• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Elad

Megasquirt Ii V3

Elad

Hi,

I plan to put the MS II V3 board in my BX GTI 1.9 8v Jetronic,

I want to start off with fuel control and later to control ignition as well.

1. I plan to use a 60-2 toothed flywheel for crank position - is it possible with the MS II V3? how do I install the 60-2 flywheel correctly? (the original flywheel I have is with no teeth)
  2. what is the best firmware / code? (for 60-2 crank position and reliability)
  3. I heard the original coolant temperature sensor is not good with MS - true?
  4. Do I need a camshaft position sensor as well?
  5. Is the Bosch 0 280 122 001 throttle position sensor a correct choice? is it difficult to replace the TP switch (part of the Jetronic sys) with the TPS?
  6. If I dissconnect the old Jetronic ECU will the fuel pump still get the 12V electic feed?

any words would be much appriciated...

best regards,

Elad.

Edited by Elad

brianthemagical

1.Yes, just swap flywheels. should have the vr sensor in the top of the bell housing.

2.either the latest for MS or MS/Extra, your choice.

3.False i belive.

4.Nope unless you plan on running CoP or sequential injection.

5.Not sure, any variable resistor type will do. May need to make a bracket to get it to fit.

6.not too sure on this. if you remove the tachy relay then no. best bet is to try it as the MS will control the fuel pump anyway.

cybernck

3. it's fine and with MS1 you'd need to use EasyTherm to calibrate it but

with MS2 you can simply enter the sensor data somewhere else, i believe.

search the forum to find the resistance values at various temperatures.

5. i'd personally run it off the integrated MAP sensor, rather than TPS.

6. not sure for Jetronic but on Motronic the ECU triggers the fuel pump

once it senses the crank rotating. in the end you'll want the Megasquirt

to do that job so just wire it to the MS.

hope this helps :).

brianthemagical
5. i'd personally run it off the integrated MAP sensor, rather than TPS.

engine load is better sensed on the inboard map sensor. tps can be used for acceleration enrichment as well as tpsdot trasients, like predicting the acceleration needed. it can also be used as a sernsor for other uses, like flood control and programmed outputs, such as a full throttle led.

Elad

Hi,

thanks a lot for the data - it is helping me a great deal.

I am very happy that I don't have to start looking for a TPS as the MAP sensor will do the job...

about my 1st question, the 60-2 flywheel has 6 bolts holding it, so there are 6 ways of connecting it... (12 for the really talented :( )

where should the two missing teeth be (when connecting the new flywheel) relative to the camshaft timing lock ? (for example)

thanks again,

Elad.

welshpug

there is a locating dowel on the end of the crankshaft to ensure its in the right place.

IMO if you can use a throttle potentiometer you'll get a greater degree of control, but obviously it adds another variable into the system.

you can fit nearly any Bosch/Solex potentiometer onto the throttle body, I have one from an MP3.1 equipped ZX on my 8v 205.

Edited by welshpug

Sign in to follow this