• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SamGTi

Saxo Vtr Engine Query

SamGTi

I don't post much in this section as I have an XU engined 205 but a mate of mine has just bought a 1999 Saxo VTR. On his first drive today, it ran fine for about 10mins until it simply cut out mid-drive and wouldn't start for about 20mins. It turned over fine, all the electrics worked, but it just wouldn't fire up. Then when it eventually did fire up again 20mins later it got us home again no problems (only 2mins mind). So does anybody know why this might have happened?

welshpug

TDC sensor I'd say, quite a common occurance on the TU it seems.

SamGTi

Sorry, but what is the TDC sensor?

welshpug

TopDeadCentre sensor, or crank sensor.

without a signal from this you get no spark or injector pulse from the ecu.

there are 2 types as far as I can tell, VIN will confirm.

1920Z3 SPEED SENSOR 31.66 GBP 37.20 GBP

19205T SPEED SENSOR 15.87 GBP 18.65 GBP

SamGTi

That's great, thanks welshpug. One more question, is it hard to change this sensor?

joe1joe

one bolt and a plug 2min job!

welshpug

nope, single bolt and connector.

It may be obstructed by the intake pipework and possible the air filter, its been some time since I had a poke around in a TU engine bay.

I'm not saying its 100% that, but it is very common and does cause the symptoms described, not many other parts can cause this, the only way to be 100% is to get it on a diagnostic machine while the fault occurs.

Sign in to follow this