• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Helix Clutch Plate

wardy18

hi all

im looking into buyin a Helix clutch for my race 205 but the funds are extremely short at the moment and these clutches are exteremly expensive

i have a brand new standard clutch kit at home already, is it possible to simply buy the helix clutch plate, either Organic or Ceramic and use this with the standard clutch housing?!!?!?

my personal thinkin is yes as they look the same, the simple differences are the stronger spring in the clutch plate and the housing is slightly stronger aswel, but im not looking for a huge race spec this year so the clutch isnt goin to be put under that much pressure

if i can get away with a organic Helix clutch plate together with a standard clutch housing i would be very very happy

thanx

simon

trialster

i suppose the only way to find out, unless someone knows, is to ask a supplier for some dimenstions and compare it to the standard one which you have.

Batfink

what racing will you be doing?

wardy18

just hillclimbs, the spec of the engine is standard 1900 XU9 block with a 1900 head with Weber 45's, Catcam rally cam, big head skim, alloy flywheel so its not gonna be pushin out massive bhp yet

welshpug

doesn't sound like you'll need anything other than an original equipment clutch with that specification, save a bit of cash there! :ph34r:

Sandy

Cerametallic paddle plate with standard cover is a great combination, which we use on virtually all the cars we build. Uprated covers are rarely necessary with NA torque, the cerametallic material is far more heat and oil tolerant compared to organic and the standard cover means the clutch action is more friendly than uprated covers. When you try to buy the plate on its own, they always try to tell you you NEED the other parts, but it's not the case.

Batfink

if you are running road legal tyres I really doubt you will need better than the standard clutch

wardy18

am running 16" Compomotive MO's with Matador Slicks

I think im gonna send the whole clutch back and use the standard one i already have, like you said would save alot of money apart from a bit of wasted postage here and back

ah well

thanx for the help all

now i just need help with teh weber rebuild, please see my other thread

thanx

simon

Sign in to follow this