• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
camgti

205 Mi16 Exhaust Advice (search Function Is Very Frustrating)

camgti

After search returning nothing

(ive enterd 205 mi15 exhaust to find the current threads)

My 205 MI16 will be on the road very soon and im trying to get peoples opinions on what type of exhaust they think covers what im after. Im after the best possible flow and performance with no drone. I dont want it to loud but dont mind a bit of racket. I dont want to get a headache on the freeway and dont want it sounding like a 4in system on a rice burner.

The engine spec will be 45mm throttle bodies on the MI16 with higher comp, stg 1 cams. Im thinking about the stnd manifold 2.1/4 in straight through to a high volume rear box with about a 2.25 in tip. Can Anyone with experience shed some light from experience and what they hav or sugggest...

Regards Cam

welshpug

quite a difficult one considering your location, are you very far from peter taylor? IIRC he has a proven formulae fro performance exhausts, which is similar to what you mention.

have a search for his posts.

camgti

Yea good point, Actually good mates with im not to far away, ill give him a buzz..

Would stil be nice for a few options and thoughts though

Cam

Edited by camgti

gti_al

why stage 1 cams? If you have the quads and compression the stage 2 inlet would be better, wouldn't it? A mate has them in his on standard management still and it works really well... It has plenty of compression, but it otherwise pretty standard

I'm sticking with a pretty standard 205 exhaust anyway. It seems to be adequate from all reports

Edited by gti_al

camgti

Im just going with stage 1 cams at the moment while im running it in then will go to stage 2 inlet and stage 1 exhaust. I think my engine builder thinks im going to write myself off so wants to slow it down...... :P

So are you just using a 205 exhaust?

Cam

gti_al

Andrew and i are just using the standard system and it seems ok. Search on here for a couple of big exhaust threads - i think people are getting well over 200bhp on the standard system.

And i wouldn't arse around... switching cams is a serious nusiance - just put the big inlet in straight away. I think the exhaust is pretty good standard from what peter/jeff have said

camgti

Yea the exhaust cam is good but im going to go fairly large inlet when i do get it done and just want to have the exhaust keep up. If it works fine with it then ill leave it. The engine is already finished and just about in the car so cant change it at the moment. Ill be looking for over 200hp aswel so want to make it easy for future gains once the TBs are fitted.

Cam

Sign in to follow this