• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Weber Help

wardy18

Hi all

sorry ive tried searchin but i just cant find the thread any more, some on here a few months had some old weber that they cleaned up and they look apsolutely spotless, WHO WAS IT and HOW DID THEY DO IT?!

ALSO

upon opening one of my 45's up i found that a float has come un soldered from the arm, im assuming im doing to be safer buying a new float part (ie 2 floats connected to the arms) where can i source individual parts for the carbs these days?!

ALSO

is there any guidelines for re-conditioning the webers carbs as to be brutally honest i have got a clue where to start, i really hope theer some step by step guideline or even some idea of what do to where

please help

Simon

monty69

Get all my parts from fastroadcars.co.uk very helpful chap, knows his stuff. I would also buy the how to build and power tune weber and dellorto book by des hammill speedpro series. Cleaned mine with thinners and carb cleaner and tooth brush, maybe aly polish will shine them?

christopher

Lets face it. Its not how they look is it? It's how they perform.

I have reconditioned 4 sets of 20 year old carbs now and they all run like new. It's amazing what kind of affliction carbs get over the years by people who haven't a clue what they are doing.

If it is the look you are after, I have cleaned and polished using dremels and creams. They end up looking ok. But will dull as the metal oxidises. Actually even new ones will dull.

Reconditioning is simple steps...

1) Dismantle

2) Inspect

3) Clean

4) Replace broken parts

5) Assemble

6) Test

7) Adjust

8) Install

9) Adjust

I have heard the haynes books are good for the DCOE. The green one you can find on e-bay. I would start there..

Two words of advice...

Do one at a time and TAKE your time

Edited by christopher

wardy18

cool

yeh im gonna get myself a haynes for sure

spoke to Nick from Shenpar today and he deals direct with Webcon so ill get my parts throu him, just need to list what i need, gonna get 2 new floats, all new bolts for the top cover and screws for the rear plate, also the top filter inspection bolts will be replaced, umm there's a slight nick out of one of the butterfly (spindle valve, whatever u call em) so thinkin that gonna make then run uneven so will get a new set of those too

have given it a go with a dremel etc but not great, a mate of my dads has a Wet Blast System, very expensive piece of machinery, works like a sand blaster but with water instead, gonna go over the carbs with that before i do anythin else

MrG

I used fastroadcars as per Montys post, very helpful guy. I overhauled and serviced my webers before I fitted them. New floats and lots of other bits to. certainly run good now.

Guest Le JC
Not sure what this was linking to but i didnt get anything but a dodgy page, no excel file or anything?!?! :(

Ha ? I check....

I try, it's OK

When you have the page, clic on "Télécharger" (download).

After you have two choices : just open or record

You can trust, It's reliable, I have done this excel sheet myself

:)

Edited by Le JC

Sign in to follow this