• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Gsf Lowering Springs: Anyone Used Them?

Stu

I notice GSF list a set of lowering springs, under T99403.

Anybody got any experience?

dan9

I'm curious about these too.

I just did a bit of a search around the forum, but couldn't find any info. I'm after a set of cheap springs to give a 30ish mm drop - what's the general recommendation when on a budget?

chris1986

don't know what they're like on a 205 but on my brothers bmw they're fine and not a harsh ride. very cheap aswell cheaper than a set of standard ones

Stu

I bought a set and am currently in the process of swapping everything over so once its back on the road ill report back.. :)

I got mine for the bargain price of £30 plus vat with a bit of discount too.. The spring windings are thicker than the Pi ones that came off, and they're warranted for 3 years!

Tesstuff

I bought some from GSF but they lowered the car by too much , supposedly a 30mm drop but it went down more like 50mm.

I exchanged them for another make that they sourced and they too went down too far, 45mm approx when they were also supposed to be 30mm drop.

I returned them and got a refund and used some others that have dropped the car 25mm.

So my advice is to check the length of them before buying.

Regards

Daz

KRISKARRERA

Kind of sounds like the ventura springs that were on my car. Was supposed to be 25mm drop but was actually 40mm. I swear they were "tensioned" as if to be fitted to a car lighter than a 405.

Stu

That is the case sometimes, in the past ive fitted a couple of sets of cheapo G-Max springs in 60mm and 35mm drop, and the static length has been the same, but the 60's must have been wound more progressively to give the right spring rate/drop once the weight of the car was applied.

I'll see what sort of drop i get with mine, although im now using Grp A top mounts so this will have to be took into account as they are around 5mm taller than the stock ones.

Retro Pug

I'm using GSF springs on my MKIV Golf and they are great value for money. They are not too low and the ride is far from harsh even with 225/40/18 tyres!

stutto

I wanted about an inch drop, so 30mm seemed alright. Actual drop was around 50mm I'd say, which was too much for me so I put the original springs back on and was much happier.

Stu

Well today was D-day, first drive since the springs and 309 running gear went on. First impressions are good, the drop was about right, although i have fitted Grp N top mounts so this may have compensated for it.

Ride is good, nice and firm, without being choppy.

All in all im quite pleased!

stutto

:blink: A bit late but I found the pohots I took when my car was on the cheap GSF springs:

DSC00177noreg.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

May be of use to someone else....

stutto

/\/\ Was with group N rubbers, standard rubbers would sit lower still.

KRISKARRERA

Do group N rubbers really add that much then? They must give an awful ride for non-track work.

GLPoomobile

They add about 5-10mm, and yes, they are too harsh for road use IMO (Grp N rubbers that is, not GSF springs, for anyone not paying attention :rolleyes: )

Stu

^^^^ LOL.. I've found i get MUCH more vibration through the shell now, but the turn in is much improved, ive changed a lot at one time so its difficult to say what bits have done what, all i know is that now its soooo much better than it was.

Sign in to follow this