• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

Tu Sump Gasket

christopher

I need to put the sump back on a TU5 iron block. The Gasket set i got from pug includes a sump gasket.

Now I have this, is it worth using? Do I slap this on with some sealent?

I remember the XU gasket I bought once had sone clear sealent from pug to use with it.

WOnder if anyone is not going to tell me to just use instant gasket :lol:

welshpug

its what Peugeot say nowadays!

Jrod
I don't use a gasket on the sump pan, they always leak profusely on these. I clean the gasket face back to bright metal and seal with stippled Loctite 5699 adhesive sealer.

Not sure if the Iron blocks leak as much but i'm sure this would still be spot on.

Sandy

That was me I think, I've only ever had bother using a sump gasket on TUs, sealer only works better it seems.

Jrod

Correct. ;)

Rippthrough

Sealant on mine without a gasket, they seem to have the same problem as the rocker gasket and leak at one corner.

Jrod

I find the rocker gaskets fine if you use decent ones. GSF one leaked loads but one from another motor factors was great.

christopher

I just remember when I bought a gasket for an XU that I never used . It came with some clear sealant to use with it.

Is this teh same for all peugeot engines then?

That was me I think, I've only ever had bother using a sump gasket on TUs, sealer only works better it seems.

Sandy were these for iron blocks?

trogboy

For my part I found the use of a gasket on my original iron block TU caused a real ball ache as I couldn't get it to seal. Sealant was spot on first time though.

Super Josh
For my part I found the use of a gasket on my original iron block TU caused a real ball ache as I couldn't get it to seal. Sealant was spot on first time though.

Which Sealant did you use? Because the Loctite stuff is almost 30 quid, just wanted something that would do the job in a smaller/cheaper quantity.

Josh

Rippthrough
Which Sealant did you use? Because the Loctite stuff is almost 30 quid, just wanted something that would do the job in a smaller/cheaper quantity.

Josh

I used Hylomar Blue as I had it to hand, but their silicon gasket compound would be better.

swordfish210
I used Hylomar Blue

:D:wub: I was using a sump gasket on my ali blocked motor but i did have a leakage problem or two so i'll just be running sealant from now on

Sandy
Is this teh same for all peugeot engines then?

Sandy were these for iron blocks?

Iron and alloy.

christopher

Ok thanks everyone I get the concensus..

Looks like I shall be be using gasket sealant.

Christopher

Edited by christopher

Sign in to follow this