• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Xm Turbo Bottom Engine Mount

M@tt

Found out at the weekend (thanks to returnofjim) that the metal rear engine mount on my XM lump is too big for the 205 driveshafts. The hole for the intermediate bearing is about a cm too big.

Can anyone confirm that a mount off a 1.6 or 1.9 XU9 block will fit ok instead. I haven't got access to Servicebox at work(firewall blocks the pics somehow :S) so can't check the bolt hole patterns to compare

Cheers

Edited by M@tt

tom_m
Found out at the weekend (thanks to returnofjim) that the metal rear engine mount on my XM lump is too big for the 205 driveshafts. The hole for the intermediate bearing is about a cm too big.

Can anyone confirm that a mount off a 1.6 or 1.9 XU9 block will fit ok instead. I haven't got access to Servicebox at work(firewall blocks the pics somehow :S) so can't check the bolt hole patterns to compare

Cheers

yup the turbo mount is too big in just about every dimension. i can confirm the one from the xu9 bolts straight on, this is what i have done.

Edited by tom_m

M@tt

excellent, cheers Tom

craig f90
yup the turbo mount is too big in just about every dimension. i can confirm the one from the xu9 bolts straight on, this is what i have done.

Same here. I ripped the mount off the 1.6 and fitted an uprated bush.

craig f90
It does, Looky here

Miles that is STUNNING!!!!

Miles

Cheers, Slight off topic but here's another couple of pic's, Just a normal conversion for me

post-43-1202336823_thumb.jpg

post-43-1202336896_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this