• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
trialster

Exhaust Identification...

trialster

hey, after recently buying a 1.9 1991 (J), i was wondering what exhaust system is fitted. i've heard from a mate of mine that there are certain exhaust that can deduct huge amounts of power from the 1.9 gti.

it looks like a standard exhaust system, nothing flashy, and its quite new.

just wondering if anyone has tips on how to identify which one it is, and whilst we're at it, any reccomendations on which full exhaust systems are the best for releasing some power on a budget.

thanks

Will

p.s. before i forget, can i take apart the exhaust linkage between the downpipe and backpipe and re-fit it, or will i need to replace any parts(gaskets)?

ta!

trialster
hey, after recently buying a 1.9 1991 (J), i was wondering what exhaust system is fitted. i've heard from a mate of mine that there are certain exhaust that can deduct huge amounts of power from the 1.9 gti.

it looks like a standard exhaust system, nothing flashy, and its quite new.

just wondering if anyone has tips on how to identify which one it is, and whilst we're at it, any reccomendations on which full exhaust systems are the best for releasing some power on a budget.

thanks

Will

p.s. before i forget, can i take apart the exhaust linkage between the downpipe and backpipe and re-fit it, or will i need to replace any parts(gaskets)?

ta!

not to worry, found them on This website..

they are the original parts :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this