• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anulfo

Stand Alone Ignition

Anulfo

Ok have done a topic search and cant find anything.

The situation:I have a 1.9 engine on twin 45's with normal dizzy set up.

The problem:I'm forever faffing about tuning it to get it right....then it goes for mot test and all your settings get buggered up = A nightmare!!!

People in the know have said you want a 'stand alone' ignition set up.One garage said Omex but another said omex is pants and i want EFI stuff.

Does anyone know about EFI set ups and where to get them etc.....apparently its good kit,or so im told. B)

Sandy

EFi isn't a widely used system. The best bet is to find someone good to set it up first (not as easy as you might think), then use the system they prefer. I would suggest the user accessible systems (eg DTA, Omex, KMS, Emerald etc) are preferable, limited access/dealer only access systems aren't any better and severely limit your options if you have any problems.

Rippthrough

Megajolt is also an option - most firms wont have touched it but it is incredibly easy to use so they shouldn't have any problems.

boldy205

i have megajolt setup on my 205 with an MI16 with twin 45s. About the cheepest you will find as just as good as the Omex Emerald etc. The person who Rolling roaded it has never heard of the system before but was very impressed with it. Though why do you have problems with the Dizzy setup on your car? are you not getting enough advance (cant see why you would have a problem unless its highly modified)? Does the timing bring the emmisions down for MOT??!!

Sign in to follow this