• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
24seven

1.9 Mi16 Carb Advice

24seven

no idea about carbs or tb's, but I'd like to fit some to my 1.9 Mi16, along with some hairier cams at a later date (aiming for around 180 - 190 estimated at the fly). Basically what are the gains to be expected from carbs or tb's? Also roughly what diameter would be best suited to the engine?

sorry if this is a bit vague. it's late, I'm tired and can't sleep :D.

returnofjim
no idea about carbs or tb's, but I'd like to fit some to my 1.9 Mi16, along with some hairier cams at a later date (aiming for around 180 - 190 estimated at the fly). Basically what are the gains to be expected from carbs or tb's? Also roughly what diameter would be best suited to the engine?

sorry if this is a bit vague. it's late, I'm tired and can't sleep :).

Hi, i recently fitted some jenvey 45's to a 2.0 (155bhp) Mi16 engine. DTA e48 ecu was used and after it was setup/mapped it was putting out 181bhp @ flywheel. there was a catcams inlet cam put in but an otherwise standard engine. I would say 45 TB's or carbs minimum. Maybe the 1.9 tubular manifold flows a little better than a 2.0 cast one so you might get a little more hp. Saying that the engine im talking about had only done about 2000 miles from new! (not recond) so was in very good shape.

Edited by returnofjim

monty69

weber or dellorto 45 side draughts, fit either 36 or 38 chokes. i have 38s fitted 2 s16 and it pulls very well, seem to give lots of mid range. Would fit 38s to modified engine, standard power should be around 175-180hp. To be honest id only be intrested in wheel hp. i get 50 mile out of tenner mix of driving

taffycrook

45's are ideal, for a mild state of tune. DCOE or DHLA 38mm chokes and get it set up on the dyno.

TB's can be smaller but typicaly you will choose between 42 & 45mm.

The golden rule is use the smallest you can without lossing power/torque.

If you are thinking about mappable ign then go the whole hog and fit boddies as well, if you wan cheap power and noise a set of 45's the answer with a dizzy adaptor. Expect around 180 - 185 bhp.

Hold on tight.

24seven

thanks for the advice guys :lol:.

Sign in to follow this