• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest yatesy

Oil Pump Chain

Guest yatesy

Hi there,

does anyone know whether it is possible to source an oil pump chain for a 1360 tu with a breakable link, to save me splitting the cases to replace it?

Many Thanks

Tom

RossD
Hi there,

does anyone know whether it is possible to source an oil pump chain for a 1360 tu with a breakable link, to save me splitting the cases to replace it?

Many Thanks

Tom

I think the aftermarket chains have a breakble link and the Genuine Pug ones dont.

Beware though, you are introducing a weakness on probably the most vital component on the engine. Peugeot made them without a link for a reason :blush:

joe1joe

you dont want it snaping like on my tu ;) but i supose it would be easyer to take the engine out then to do it in situ?

Edited by joe1joe

Guest yatesy
you dont want it snaping like on my tu B) but i supose it would be easyer to take the engine out then to do it in situ?

Cheers for the help, has already snapped so was just looking for easy way to replace it, but looks like the engines coming out.

uncle buck
Cheers for the help, has already snapped so was just looking for easy way to replace it, but looks like the engines coming out.

I would be looking into why it snapped before you go any further....does the TU engine have a problem with the oil pump chain? as I have never heard of one snapping on any other engine ever as it's a very under stressed item.

I think the aftermarket chains have a breakble link and the Genuine Pug ones dont.

Beware though, you are introducing a weakness on probably the most vital component on the engine. Peugeot made them without a link for a reason :P

As mentioned above the oil pump chain is a very under stressed item so a split link in the chain will be no problem whatsoever ...I personally have an oil pump chain on my ZX with a split link & that's been fine for the last 48,000 miles.

joe1joe

dont think its a common fault for tu chains to snap.

Sandy

It's *allegedly* more common for the drive sprocket to shear the end off the woodruff key at high rpm, but I've not yet had that problem thankfully.

Guest yatesy

It snapped due to a decent bash on the sump breaking the filter part off which eventually got jammed in the chain, bit of an exuberent previous owner me thinks, cheers for the input

uncle buck

That's unlucky B) but at least you know why the chain snapped.

A chain with a split link will be fine & will save you a lot of work. :)

Regards.

Sign in to follow this