• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chownr

Respray - Which Red?

chownr

Im giving the rally car a quick blow over in the next week or so and want to respray in a really vivid red colour. Current choice would be Colrado Red (same as Fiesta ST) but are there any other good vivid reds out there? What are they called and where can I find examples to view

Any suggestions welcome

Rich

ps dont want anything too orange or anything too dark

Paintguy

If you're staying with a solid red (i.e. non metalic) then Colarado is a great choice. Vauxhall flame red is an alternative, but slightly more on the orange side.

Another pretty vivid red is VW Flash red (LP3G), which might be worth a look.

A2TheA

keep it pug. go for the Cherry Red ;)

GLPoomobile
keep it pug. go for the Cherry Red ;)

Otherwise known as Tomato Red, or orange ;)

jim205GTI

If i ever get the 205 resprayed it would stay red and i would be tempted to keep it a pug colour like my 306

post-5700-1201894646.jpg

madant_uk

the Audi reds the best one i think is Misano Red, but they do Brilliant Red which is also nice

huckleberry

I always thought about a red that was used on a Toyota MR2 (the last type) when I still had my red 205 gti. It seemed endlessly more red than the orange/pink roof I had on my gti :lol:

Paintguy
I always thought about a red that was used on a Toyota MR2 (the last type)

3P0 - Super Red V (5) ?

Edited by Paintguy

Paintguy
If i ever get the 205 resprayed it would stay red and i would be tempted to keep it a pug colour like my 306

I always thought it was the same colour - EKB Rouge Vallelunga (aka Cherry Red). :confused:

Arahan

I love the Mazda RX-8 red, in none sunny weather its gorge, but when the sun hits it, it sparkles! :wub:

Edited by Arahan

jim205GTI
I always thought it was the same colour - EKB Rouge Vallelunga (aka Cherry Red). :confused:

It could be? :wub: i'll have to check tommorow probably helps that the 306 is ten years younger though! :D

joe1joe

my 205 is painted in ford radiant red, which doesnt look to bad! get a pic tomaro if u want?

Richie-Van-GTi

My mate just bought a cti painted in rover knightsbridge red, looks very nice. How about porsche guards red.

44002349.IMG_6761web.jpg

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

chownr

Thanks for all the replies guys. Some more choices in there. Need to make my mind up before next week so watch this space for before and after pics.

Joe if you have a pic that would be great

Many thanks for suggestions

Rich

mos
the Audi reds the best one i think is Misano Red, but they do Brilliant Red which is also nice

I love the audi missano red, its the colour my tt was when i had it.

the only problem is its actually a pearlesent colour so an expensive option and wont be a quick blow over.

joe1joe

heres a pic of my engine bay il try to get another pic of the body if i can find one.

PICT0056.jpg

Paintguy
I love the Mazda RX-8 red, in none sunny weather its gorge, but when the sun hits it, it sparkles! :o

That'll be all the xyrillic pearl that's in it ;)

When I painted my Audi I added a little touch of Crystal Silver Xyrillic, It doesn't do much in normal light, but under a strong sun it sparkles with all the colours of the rainbow :wub:

Arahan
That'll be all the xyrillic pearl that's in it :D

When I painted my Audi I added a little touch of Crystal Silver Xyrillic, It doesn't do much in normal light, but under a strong sun it sparkles with all the colours of the rainbow :P

Aye thats the one! Its gorge!

Sign in to follow this