• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Big_Jimbob

205 Grdt Suspension......

Big_Jimbob

Hey guys,

Iv got a pug 205 grdt and it seems to ride pretty high and quite wallowey....

i have a set of 1.9 gti front shocks and springs sat in my shed from when i lowered my car, would these swap straight over?

if so would they be stiffer and or lower than the standard ones?

sorry mods i put this in general by mistake, could one of you remove it please...

thanks

Jim

welshpug

yes, unsure how much lower it'll sit, it may actually sit a bit lower than a gti due to the iron block.

what kind of lower arm does your 205 run? ARB through it or does it use droplinks?

Big_Jimbob

Im really unsure as i havent actually looked yet...

only just really thought about it...

Jim

pug_ham

They will fit straight on & lower it by approx 20mm iirc.

I fitted a set of 1900 GTi springs to a previous 205 diesel of mine, they lowered & stiffened it up a good bit. The standard 205 diesel springs are quite a lot softer & the un-compressed length is possibly 80mm longer. :blush:

The GRDT could have the base model or GTi style suspension with droplinks, without looking underneath the car its a guess at which it has. I'd hazard it has base model style though with the arb forming part of the lower wishbone.

The rear beam will need lowering to prevent your car looking like a dragster though imo. Mine did & so have other 205 diesel's with Gti springs etc fitted I've seen.

Graham.

Big_Jimbob

Iv had a look under the car today and it has the drop link type suspension... im guessing the gti front legs will fit ok then??

thanks

Jim

DaveW

Yep will fit fine :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this