• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Yimkin_FJ

What's The Easiest/cheapest Way?

Yimkin_FJ

To add remote central locking to a 1.6 Phase 1.5 1.6 GTi?

Just wondering, as it's the one thing I really want from an oldish car that I love!

easiest way is to go to your local car electronics place and give them £75 to fit a remote blipper

cheapest way is to scrounge one from a scrap yard and then piss about getting the key coded

Edited by 205007

Yimkin_FJ
easiest way is to go to your local car electronics place and give them £75 to fit a remote blipper

cheapest way is to scrounge one from a scrap yard and then piss about getting the key coded

That sounds pretty good! Even though my car never had remote c/l? i.e. no ir sensor in roof panel?

Thanks

Chris

number2301

Infra red remote central locking is rubbish. I wouldn't bother having had loads of cars with it. Just get the central locking motors and wiring from a 1.9 and stick that lot in. You still have to use the key but its much better :ph34r:

richsmells

Mine has central locking with a remote blipper but it's truly rubbish. Even with brand new batteries you still have to press it against the window. I just use the key now!

smokey

Can you just add the motors to the current locks?

Or do you have to replace the locks too?

danpug

My car has a clifford alarm fitted with rcl and its awesome. If you fancy getting an alarm/mmobiliser at the same time i'd go that route, superior to any pug rcl systems that i've seen.

welshpug

find some central locking motors from a 205, then get a decent alarm fitted to work them.

Dream Weaver

I have the remote blipper, and although you do have to be close to the car it works perfect every time, in fact I've never used the key to unlock it I dont think.

calvinhorse

i got one of those ebay kits, about 30quid its pretty damn good.

Tom Fenton

Does your 1.6 not have central locking fitted already? I thought that all the 1.6's had it fitted, and the 1.9's had central locking and electric windows fitted?

Anyway, the easy way to do it if yours does have central locking is to change the drivers door actuator for a passenger door one, then use an alarm to control the lot. Its not that difficult as there are two wires you need to break into which are behind the kick panel on the drivers side, white and blue.

Grim.Badger
Does your 1.6 not have central locking fitted already? I thought that all the 1.6's had it fitted, and the 1.9's had central locking and electric windows fitted?

Nope, just a handful of 1.6s had it. Iirc it was a option available on the later models.

Tom Fenton

Really? I've had 5 or 6 E/F/G reg 1.6's and all have had c/l.

Mikey S
Really? I've had 5 or 6 E/F/G reg 1.6's and all have had c/l.

c/l was standard from jan 90 on iirc.

keith

definitely buy one from ebay, if your not technically minded give a mate some beer tokens to fit it :D

danpug

Every 1.6 i've owned/drove has had central locking as well??!!

NeilGTi85

Ive got a 1.6 1985 phase 1 pug, no central locking, no electric windows......that is one of the first ever 205's though....

Neil

smokey

I've nearly finished stripping my 1987 CTI and there are central locking solenoids in the doors.

They look like they are aftermarket.

I was wondering would i be able to use these to get central locking or would i be better off buying a whole new kit?

Sign in to follow this