• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ham149

309 > 205 Front Seats Help

ham149

is there anyone who could make me some brackets up to fit my 309 seats to my 205 sub frames ?

sonofsam

Hi, must be your lucky day :D

Im going to be fitting 309 seats to my 205 in the next couple of weeks, and I also work in sheet metal.

From what I've seen on the search we just some 'tabs' to extened the 205 subframe onto the 309 seats?

Once I've got some 5dr subframes and seatbelts (using buckets and harnesses at the moment) I shall be

doing it as I've got a mate desperate for my Sparco seats for His mx5!

Sam.

boldy205

i have done this myself and found the 309 (i presume you meen the GTi) seats to be to wide for the 205, they hit the door pockets and was difficult to use the hand brake. If you do want to use the seats all that is needed is a plate aprox 50mm square for the holes to line up. Very easy to make, just need a hacksaw, file and drill.

ham149
Hi, must be your lucky day :D

Im going to be fitting 309 seats to my 205 in the next couple of weeks, and I also work in sheet metal.

From what I've seen on the search we just some 'tabs' to extened the 205 subframe onto the 309 seats?

Once I've got some 5dr subframes and seatbelts (using buckets and harnesses at the moment) I shall be

doing it as I've got a mate desperate for my Sparco seats for His mx5!

Sam.

thanks if you could make us up a set whilst your at it i would be very greatfull

i have done this myself and found the 309 (i presume you meen the GTi) seats to be to wide for the 205, they hit the door pockets and was difficult to use the hand brake. If you do want to use the seats all that is needed is a plate aprox 50mm square for the holes to line up. Very easy to make, just need a hacksaw, file and drill.

yeas sorry i ment 309 gti seats i would make it but i am not very good at that sort of thing and it dosnt bother me too much if thay are a bit bigger

Edited by ham149

jeremy

Later I will dig some photos out to help, alternatively they may appear if you do a search. Mine were made out of JCB mud guards of all things.

Baz
Later I will dig some photos out to help, alternatively they may appear if you do a search. Mine were made out of JCB mud guards of all things.

:) i did wonder what they were before... :P

pacey205

I just used the 309 (3 door) subframes. You need to move the outer mounting points (i.e. door side). The front captive nut needs moving (there is a hole already it just needs widening out for the nut) and at the rear you loose the bracket and use the square section of the floorplan instead. I used some 2"x2" box section with a captive nut in that is attached to the box section.

See post by willwill on this topic here:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...p;hl=309++seats

Oh and I have no issues with the handbrake being unaccesable etc although the outer plastic of the seat does puch into the door bins a little. Not enough to make a massive difference though.

Hope that makes sense

Michael

Edited by pacey205

Sign in to follow this