• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
weejimmy

1.4 Rallye Turbo

weejimmy

hi ive tryd a search but cant see anything. i know a few people have turbo'd the 205 1.4 tu engines but is there any info on here about them. quite fancy one tbh.

Jrod

Pointless IMO. Fit a 1.6 16v

welshpug

and a turbo...

Jrod
:blink:

christopher

I think the dutch guys did it. I remember seeing some pictures.

AdamP

There was a turbo XS on ebay a while ago, used R5 GTT bits I believe.

j_turnell

Seen a few ax gt's turbo'd but as already mentioned far more cost effective just to bung a 1.6 16v in there.

Discostu
There was a turbo XS on ebay a while ago, used R5 GTT bits I believe.

Yeh i seen that one aswell. I think it used an R5GTturbo/maifold with a modified inlet manifold.

DNCustomGti

Yeh that xs turbo was built by spoox, they built it to a street sleeper spec so was a proper wolf in sheeps clothing!

It ran the r5 carb and turbo setup with a custom built manifold, and a later 106 engine (newer ones were slightly lower compression for emmisions) and two head gaskets to get the CR down.

weejimmy

ive seen the one at http://www.student.kun.nl/p.oonincx/indexe.html but its forigen.

ive got a grp a reno 5 carb by k-tec as well ive actualy already rebuilt the head and done the dodgy 2 gasket bit

but just got to busy doing other things. im not after ultimate power just a wee project realy. (like i dont have enough).

welshpug

that site is actually the first project that the DP boys undertook before setting up the business.

weejimmy

ha ha thats cool. they look prety good at doing there thing i must say.

the other projects were sweet too. it was that site that started me doing mine.

djinuk

im pretty sure, spoox used the xsi bottom end from teh 106 100bhp version, and the xs head , if that is any help

weejimmy

i supose theres a few difrent combos you could use in the tu land,

ive got a 205 rallye engine for free when my mate put a mi in his rallye so ill just use that. (if i get round to finishing it)

stu_woac

the r5 carb bolts to the xs manifold, the standard exhaust manifold can be cut and and a turbo section of another casted manifold welded on to bolt to a turbo tho down pipe can be used, dont use 2 head gastets to lower the cr thats a s*it way of doing it get a proper one made up your only looking at 55 quid for a decent copper one thats not far off 2 gaskets is it, I was going to do this but with the alu block your get problems with the liners moving

Edited by stu_woac

weejimmy

£55 thats prety good. where or who do these?

stu_woac

just been to mike's website looks like his prices have gone up I got quoted that 2 yrs bk for a 0.6mm copper gasket hes now asking for £90, hmmm, the one you want is £120 1.6mm gasket, take it copper gone up in price anyway for your pleasure

http://www.ferriday.co.uk/

weejimmy

exelent thanks for that. price of everything has gone up in last 2 years. china is taking it all lol.

drmo

A guy in slovenia has an AX GT turbo. Modified 1.1 carb, t3 turbo, tripple head gasket with one piece gasket rings, stock exhaust manifold, stock inlet manifold, stock exhaust,...on 2,0 bar it ran 196hp on a dyno. It is used every day to drive to work for two years now, and no major problems so far...once it splited a liner. Everything else works fine. It is a very low budget project.

Some video and pics material:

http://users.volja.net/ponca/

danpug

Bloody hell!

damien

im sure there was a 1.4 turbo on ebay not to long ago.

edit, it still is item number - 330210082946

Sign in to follow this