• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Blish10

F***ing Garages!

Blish10

After having my car at a garage for a day, I got it back to find a large dent on the drivers side underside. Strangely enough where you would expect a ramp arm to go when lifting car (with wheels off ground). If you look at the car from the side, you can see the body under the door has this dent.

Has anyone had this happen and is there any way it can be pulled/pushed out?

Cheers

steve@cornwall
After having my car at a garage for a day, I got it back to find a large dent on the drivers side underside. Strangely enough where you would expect a ramp arm to go when lifting car (with wheels off ground). If you look at the car from the side, you can see the body under the door has this dent.

Has anyone had this happen and is there any way it can be pulled/pushed out?

Cheers

Take it back and tell them to sort it - Muppets

hengti

sounds brutal but you'll likely be able to stamp it out - the metal in the floor seems as thin as that in the body panels :rolleyes:

damage like this isn't uncommon as lazy Kwikfit monkeys just shove a trolley jack under the car and start jacking without realising how flimsy the floor is. it's not a big deal IMO but you want to avoid having it happen too often as it'll obviously weaken the floor and encourage corrosion (as the underseal/paint will also crack away).

ed. reading/thinking again - is this your floor or the sill?

Edited by hengti

GLPoomobile

It's not right under the front seats is it? I'm assuming not, but just asking as the floor does curve up at that point as if it's been bent upwards. I have no idea why Pug made them like that, and it had me worried first time I saw it :rolleyes:

You just can't trust these donkey brained grease monkeys. When I looked in to buying a Fiat Coupe I heard that it was common for them to be jacked in the wrong place and have the floor bent in, and sure enough every one I viewed was like it.

Blish10
ed. reading/thinking again - is this your floor or the sill?

Its the sill (paint). Stamping is out of the question I guess?

Tom Fenton

It is possible to cut an access hole from the inner sill with a holesaw, use a drift to knock the dent out, and then weld up the inner sill. Have done this before.

hengti

sill's bad news unfortunately; i've accidentally dented one by lowering a trolley jack whilst not realising i'd not pulled an axle stand completely clear. as Tom states - it's possible to repair but, due to the strength of the metal in this area, it won't be straightforward. how bad does it look? unless it's really badly dented it's unlikely to compromise what structural integrity might be left in the shell (!).

certainly worth taking it back to the garage for some ear ache - even if it's not that bad and it's something you can live with they might offer you something as a gesture - ?

weejimmy

the metal is still realy thin here on a 205 easy to pull but if your shure it was at the garage id go there 1st.

as for .... You just can't trust these donkey brained grease monkeys.............. . .. says the person wanting a fiat lol

GLPoomobile
. .. says the person wanting a fiat lol

Coupes are good cars I'll have you know! Or so your mum was telling me last night..........at least I think she said that, she had her mouth full at the time......... :)

(I love Jimmy Carr put downs LOL)

danpug

Oh no, not the everlasting 'your mum' jokes!!! :)

weejimmy

they last longer than poomobile in my mums mouth .... . . hey wait a miniute

Tom Fenton

HA HA HA excellent reply!

GLPoomobile

Well what can I say? She is verrrrrry good :)

This topic is so ruined now LOL!

1 FAT PUG

i had this happen when i had the saxo, took it to the garage and the w@nkers just put the arms on the car floor by the look of things instead of using the proper jacking points, they bent the drivers footwell up a little, i just got a lump hammer and knocked it back down, some garages have no respect :)

Blish10

Took it round and the c**ts said they wouldnt have jacked it there and it definately wasn't them. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :):);)

I cant prove them wrong so im pretty much f**ked

Any ideas? Only thing I can think is fill it and put up with a lifetime of contempt for garages in general...

(sorry all garages here)

Tom Fenton

As I said before, drill a hole with a holesaw from inside, use a drift to knock it out, weld hole up. A big wad of filler in a sill will fall out in no time IMO.

GLPoomobile

f***ing arseholes! Maybe you left it too long before complaining. I mean think about it, obviously they wouldn't jack it in the wrong place, but if some numb nut junior did it he won't admit to it! So from their point of view if you didn't complain immediately then you could have caused the damage yourself and tried to lay it on them to get a free repair (hypothetically).

I had some wee d*ck dent my bonnet outwards on my Civic during an MOT (closed the bonnet, presumably with a tool laying haphazardly underneath). I was lucky as I lived literally 2 minutes away, so when I got home and parked up, I noticed as I walked past the front of the car. Got straight back in and took it back to them. They knew I was telling the truth as I'd left them 5 minutes before. Spanner monkey took a bollocking from the manager and I got a bonnet respray.

Edited by GLPoomobile

Sign in to follow this